Revell 1/32, Kawanishi N1K1-Ja Shiden "George"

Plasticsurgeon

Hello,

This is my latest build, the old Revell (1976) Kawanishi N1K1-Ja Shiden kit. The story goes that the molds were lost in a storm at sea together with the Revell molds for the J2M3 Raiden en the Ki-61 Hien.

I won this one on E-bay for a very very very low price! :yahoo:

Considering it's age this was a very well designed kit, the fit was very good, details were nice only thing that bothered me were the millions of very small rivets.

Painted the kit with Tamiya acrylics IJN green(2) on top, IJN grey on the bottom. Weatherings is done with Revell enamels for the chipping; -on top:various shades of green and silver, -bottom; grey and silver. Vallejo sepia wash is used, children's veltpens ( for panellines on top) and Tamiya weathering pastels for wheels and gun sooth, exhaust stains are sprayed with Tamiya flat black and brown/ sand. Only decals used are the tailcodes.

deadgamepitdogs67l.jpg

deadgamepitdogs67h.jpg

deadgamepitdogs67f.jpg

deadgamepitdogs67d.jpg

deadgamepitdogs67c.jpg

deadgamepitdogs67m.jpg

deadgamepitdogs67a.jpg

I hope you like it.....

Best regards.

Edited by Plasticsurgeon

WOW Beutiful job on a Classic kit! I wish somebody would release a new one so more of us that didint get lucky to buy one cheap could build it! I expected that hasegawa would have jumped in by now.

Anyway, your model looks very realisitc and well done :)

All the best to you and your build,

Paul

Very well done. Considering this is the mid wing model, I know it demanded a pretty high price. Good on you for getting it cheap , AND building it. Me likes !............Harv

REALLY Nice looking George!

Very nice, great to see one built, also have one in the stash with a conversion for a Rex.

Me too................although the SBs Rex cowling is off shaped and missing the Rex trademark style "knife" edge to the front of the cowl..............will have to remedy that once I start mine someday.