Trumpeter Me262A-1a - Rudolf Sinner

Great kit, Eagle Cals decals. Eagle Cals would have you paint the tail in a different camo, but no pic of the tail exist. So I decided that it was most likely same camo as the rest of the bird - striped.

Just noticed i forgot the head armor in the canopy (damn)

All comments welcome

045b.jpg

043b.jpg

048b.jpg

050b.jpg

Hi Thomas

Very nice build. Out of interest, your bird looks pretty smooth. Did you do anything to putty up the rivets, or did you leaves yours stock standard? I'm in two minds whether to just paint mine, or hit it with Mr Surfacer 500 or something similar to "putty" up the rivets. I recently fininshed the Trump F-105D and the rivets on this model are more like divots! This 262 kit is way more advanced than the F-105D offering and way more accurate and the "rivets" more subtle I think.

Any issues you found during the build, or is it pretty straight forward?

Cheers

Adam

Hi Thomas

Very nice build. Out of interest, your bird looks pretty smooth. Did you do anything to putty up the rivets, or did you leaves yours stock standard? I'm in two minds whether to just paint mine, or hit it with Mr Surfacer 500 or something similar to "putty" up the rivets. I recently fininshed the Trump F-105D and the rivets on this model are more like divots! This 262 kit is way more advanced than the F-105D offering and way more accurate and the "rivets" more subtle I think.

Any issues you found during the build, or is it pretty straight forward?

Cheers

Adam

I was wondering the same thing, it looks very good! Well done, and I too am curious to hear how you addressed the rivets on this one.

Thanks everyone

The rivets are very subtle on the kit, so with a few coats of paint they are almost gone. They are still faintly there but my lack of photography skills remove the rest.

D: Model Master

Adam: No issues - a great kit. On 262's I always watch the wing to nacelle fit before gluing and I think this one (as every other 262 kit) has potential to mess up there, but with care it can be avoided.

Thanks everyone

The rivets are very subtle on the kit, so with a few coats of paint they are almost gone. They are still faintly there but my lack of photography skills remove the rest.

D: Model Master

Adam: No issues - a great kit. On 262's I always watch the wing to nacelle fit before gluing and I think this one (as every other 262 kit) has potential to mess up there, but with care it can be avoided.

I agree with your logic here. Volumes could (and are) be written as to whether or not to "putty up" these rivets, but I agree that Trumpeter has done a very good job making them subtle (unlike other past offerings!). I may hit mine with Mr Surfacer 1200, then the paint.

I want to do Heinz Bar's Red 13. Now to decide if his machine was 74/75 or 81/82! I can't go wrong because Bar died a long time ago and the jury is out on this topic!

Cheers

Adam

I want to do Heinz Bar's Red 13. Now to decide if his machine was 74/75 or 81/82! I can't go wrong because Bar died a long time ago and the jury is out on this topic!

Cheers

Adam

...and then like your FW 190D, someone will write a book just after you finnish saying it was the other colours :)