Zoukei Mura A1-H Skyraider RFI

Out2gtcha

This is my Douglas A1-H Skyraider from Zoukei Mura. This aircraft belonged to Billy Phillips, who was the Commander of the VA-52 “Kightriders”, flying off of the USS Ticonderoga in 1967 over the skys of Viet Nam.

The kit was a blast to build and I highly recommend it. It was a labor of love, and nothing but a complete pleasure to build.

For those that are interested, HERE is a link to the WIP.

If you have any questions about the build or the kit itself, Ill be happy to try to answer them.

Without further delay, here is my big SPAD –

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

DSC00386.jpg

DSC00384.jpg

DSC00387.jpg

DSC00397.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

DSC00402.jpg

DSC00406.jpg

DSC00407.jpg

MORE………..

Edited by Out2gtcha

Looks great Brian! :beer4: While not my era, I've watched your WIP and enjoyed it very much (as I do with all of your WIP's)! Definitely a great tutorial on the many skills you used to build this model.

Now that your last couple of completions have been very LARGE, might I recommend a Special Hobby I-16 to give you something a little more manageable to build next ;)

Doug

DSC00368.jpg

DSC00369.jpg

DSC00370.jpg

DSC00371.jpg

DSC00375.jpg

DSC00376.jpg

DSC00378.jpg

DSC00392.jpg

DSC00388.jpg

DSC00374.jpg

Thanks for tagging along for those that did on my WIP, it was a BLAST! Also, thanks to all those who gave words of encouragement, as it always helps.

As they say gents onward and upward!

NEXT????????????

Cheers,

Brian

Holy crap Brian, you really outdid yourself here!

Love the weathering (how many times have I said that during the WIP LOL!) as well as that antenna mounting on the tail, how did you do that?

Bloody fantastic work there old friend! :yahoo: :thumbsup: :punk: :clap2: :bow:

Thanks guys!

Hers the big guy sitting on my measly display shelf; barely -

DSC00419.jpg

The Thai bearcat is quite dwarfed by it -

DSC00421.jpg

DSC00420.jpg

For a real size wake up on the SPAD, this is a Has P-47 of mine -

DSC00423.jpg

DSC00425.jpg

Sam was unimpressed by the finished model but still a tad embarrassed about his earlier transgressions......

DSC00327.jpg

Edited by Out2gtcha

Sam was unimpressed by the finished model but still a tad embarrassed about his earlier transgressions......

:lol:

Hey,.......when ya gotta go,.....ya gotta go, right?

Lovely build Brian. :bow:

It's been inspirational, informative and a pleasure to tag along with the WIP, thanks for sharing your tips and tricks.

I've been looking forward to this RFI article and I'm not disappointed. Super images of a super model. :clap2:

The comparison against the Bearcat and Thud just go to show the size of this single engined bomb truck. Just imagine piloting one of these brutes! :punk:

beautiful build mate - love the weathering - and don't let that cat anywhere near those models! :thumbsup:

Ahh, thank mate. Sam is a little @#$% some times but overall a great animal and companion. Hes one that gives cats a good name. Has the ability but knows to stear far clear of my shelves or risk my wrath. :lol:

Brian,

What JOY to see your Skyraider....

EXCEPTIONAL, INCREDIBLE , GORGEOUS, STUNNING Build, :yahoo: :wow: :thumbsup: :wow:

and your WIP's are just as wonderful to follow and

interesting to read. I always seem to skip along reading them and each time I do they are quite fascinating indeed. :clap2: :clap2:

This is A SUPERB finished Model..

KUDOS .. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

MARU..5137 :wub: :wub:

Thanks Maru, kind of you. (he said rhyming as he went)

:lol:

Hey,.......when ya gotta go,.....ya gotta go, right?

Lovely build Brian. :bow:

It's been inspirational, informative and a pleasure to tag along with the WIP, thanks for sharing your tips and tricks.

I've been looking forward to this RFI article and I'm not disappointed. Super images of a super model. :clap2:

The comparison against the Bearcat and Thud just go to show the size of this single engined bomb truck. Just imagine piloting one of these brutes! :punk:

This is true. Guess if I had to go, then got locked a room with no bathroom/facilities for 9 or 10 hrs I might find a nice bag to go on myself.

And no............cant imagine. Even after slamming into another aircraft and loosing a third of a wing, it will still bring you in for a perfect 3 poiint landing like nothing was even wrong at all.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_YKYv7HhW0

Awesome!

I thought your Su was the dogs nuts but this one is terrific.

Really great build, perfect weathering and crud.

This is the benchmark for others to aspire to.

The perfect Spud.

:party0023: :goodjob: :wow: :post1: