A little actual work proceeded on the start of the spad. Starting in the cockpit, I got going by taking the molded detail off of the cockpit sidewalls and taping together some of the major components in prep for the ZM PE
like there is still detail on them but in reality they are smooth as a baby boot-
Some really nice tiny and subtle raised rivet detail
Assembled rudder pedals
I started laying things out on the pit
I then started working off of the ZM/Eduard PE instructions that called for the center slot in the middle of the OOB IP to be cut out to allow a PE version of what I believe is a compass?
They show it in the previous pic as ending up coming through
the hole in the PE IP
THIS is where I encountered my first anomaly.
Putting the PE together as directed (using a piece of card stock in place of the PE part just for adjustment sake)
As nothing will be seen behind the IP and under Harold's hood, I decided if I want to use this I'm just going to have to mount it directly behind the IP
Not sure I will stick it out, or leave it retracted..............but the PE part is very colorful and interesting looking.
I also got a head start on some of the parts that needed interior green
that you will actually be able to see
To that end on a side note
.I will not
be installing any bulkheads, tanks, radios nor any of the like, if they will not be seen in the final product; which is a lot of the internal parts. To
me its just a waste of paint and time
.and I can fib and say its there
..and mine will look just as good in that area as the best ZM Skyraider ever built
The rest of the pit will require some Dark Sea gray. I'm off to the LHS to get some dark Navy blue and some dark Sea gray!