Tamiya A6M5 Zero

Daywalker

I finished this one this morning, the first LSP I ever started back in September of 2008. Being one of the first of Tamiya's super kits, any problems I encountered were most certainly my own doing. I added a lot of wiring in the cockpit and engine, other than that it is OOB. Markings were all masked and sprayed using masks by AdAstra and Montex, with the small serial number square on the left rear fuselage being a dry transfer from HobbyDecal. Ian from AdAstra made my custom sized hinomaru masks, while the tail numbers were from a Montex set. All others including the wing warnings, propeller stripes, landing gear load indicators, and leading edge identity stripes were masked with Tamiya tape. Colors used were custom mixed Tamiya acrylics. The cowl halves do not line up perfectly as they are removable to show the finished engine. Thanks for looking in!

002-7.jpg

003-5.jpg

006-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

010.jpg

Nice and subtle. Love that engine work.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thank you Mark, the engine detailing is one of my favorite parts of the build! The extra wiring and oily grime were fun to do, just wish I could remember exactly how I did the exhausts! :unsure:

OH ... :punk: :wow:

The Engine ROCKS..

STUNNING & GORGEOUS Zero. :wow: :wow:

The finish is EXEMPALRY and love the weathering...WHOA !! :bow:

MARU..5137

Edit: The Photos are CRISP and VERY CLEAR AND GOOD.

Thanks Maru, and thank you too for following along with the build! :speak_cool:

Brillant build. The fit and finish is perfect and the weather is right up my alley: Used but not Abused.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the feedback Peter, much appreciated! I was quite chuffed with how the weathered finish turned out as well.

It may have taken a while to get to the finish line Frank but it looks as though the journey was well worthwhile. :thumbsup:

Lovely job on your Zero. The paintwork is sublime :goodjob:

Thanks for sharing her with us.

Cheers,

Guy

Thank you Guy, it was a very long journey! Really glad to get this one out of the "to finish" pile.

I know nothing about Japanese planes but I like what I see - really nice finish!

Thanks Rich, I am happy to hear you enjoyed this one!

That's fantastic Frank! Great paint work especially.

Kev

I appreciate that Kevin, thanks for stopping by!

Looks real good to me too. Nice job there.

Much appreciated Kevin! :speak_cool:

Slick...really a great job. especially like the wear on the cap as well as the canopy framing. :clap2: :speak_cool:

Thank you William, the cap (spinner cap?) was a last minute addition, don't think the real one had this feature but I liked how it turned out so I kept it. Perhaps the maintenance men pulled a worn one out of the scrap heap to replace the original? :innocent: