Bf109 E-4/B "Yellow 6" Oblt. Otto Hintze 3./ Erpr.Gr.210 1940

nmayhew

hello chaps

finally finished this project which i cannot believe i even considered putting in the Battle of Britain Group Build - it is nearly the 71st anniversary by the time i have got it done!

a huge thank you to everybody who helped me out with this, in particular Matt Low, John Vasco, Jeroen "the man with maps" Peters and JamesH

the full "war and peace" edition build log starts here http://forum.largesc...opic=32278&st=0 but here is a brief background of this particular plane and my interest in it:

Bf109 E-4/B W.Nr.2024 "Yellow 6" of 3./ Erpr.Gr.210 flown by Oberleutnant Otto Hintze.

Hintze was shot down on 29th October 1940, flying his on his 53rd Battle of Britain mission. His aircraft came down at Sheerland Farm, Pluckley in Kent; this is only 10 miles or so from where I live. In addition, I have always been interested in the Luftwaffe's early "jabo" operations, especially those of Erpr.Gr.210 in the Battle of Britain.

Anyway, here's the result...

IMG_1657.jpg

IMG_1652.jpg

IMG_1624.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg

IMG_1632.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

a few more pics to follow...

Edited by nmayhew

Well done Nick! :goodjob:

Whilst it may have been painful for you at times :blowup: the result is well worth the effort. Thanks so much for the informative WIP :popcorn: and for outlining the pitfalls for the rest of us who are yet to tackle the kit.

Regards,

Kent

Edited by Kahunaminor

He he.

My next build will be a tank - just tossing up between an Grant of the Scots Greys in North Africa and a Panther Ausf.A from 5 SS Pz Dv Wiking...

My next plane will likely be Hasegawa's F-2 in one of EagleCals whitewash schemes...itching to try the hairspray technique!

Thanks for popping in and all your encouragement.

Cheers

Nick