Ioannis ''Agorastos'' Plagis

zaxos345

Good morning gents, my mane is John and i come from Greece. I follow the site for some time and now that i am allowed to post i am taking the chance to post my first 1/32 build. I am a 1/48 guy but i could not resist to this Tamiya kit. I choosed to depict the aircraft of John ''Agorastos'' Plagis, a Greek-Rodesian aviator who flew with RAF and become an Ace

plagis-spit-ix.jpg

plagis_spitfire.jpg

I have been dealing with this build for about 7 months now, so i will show you my progress until now

The cockpit

P1030328.jpg

P1030359.jpg

P1030613.jpg

P1030752.jpg

P1030646.jpg

P1030812.jpg

P1030823.jpg

P1030828.jpg

Edited by zaxos345

HOLY MOLY! Very good detail.Good job so far! I also like your color scheme you have chosen. Please, keep posting your progress...OH yea, Welcome to the forum!.....Harv :post1: :goodjob:

The start of the invasion stripes painting procedure

P1040401.jpg

P1040417.jpg

P1040432.jpg

P1040438.jpg

P1040441.jpg

P1040442.jpg

P1040444.jpg

Now i am on the procedure of painting the roundels and codes, alongside of weathering the exhausts and some other minor details. Until the next update, thank you very much and i hope you like it.

All the best,

John

Edited by zaxos345

Thanks Harv, Kevin. You are right Kev, all the builds are awesome, especially Wolf's which i think is going to be a masterpiece! And i dont forget the Compi's one!!

John

Edited by zaxos345

Nice work so far John! Great timing too as I need a little inspiration to push on with my own build. So far I haven't put in 7 months but if I don't get my rear in gear it'll take me longer than that to get mine done. I look forward to further posts!

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Lovely work all of the way around, John. Nice extra detailing on the engine and in the cockpit. And with invasion stripes, no less. Really nice stuff. I'm looking forward to more of your updates.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks guys, Wolf you honor me man by saying that you are going to be inspired by me. Your build is awesome. It has been 7 to 8 months now due to the limited modelling time and also because it is only my forth model in the and i had to do a lot of tests, practice etc, before applying anything on the model. Anyway i am happy you like it.

John

Good evening guys, a fresh update, as i am waiting for the colors of the roundels to dry i decided to deal with the exhausts. Well here is my result

P1040522.jpg

P1040523.jpg

P1040525.jpg

P1040527.jpg

John

Edited by zaxos345

welcome John to the forums

lovely build coolio.gif

always wanted to do this plane but couldn't bring myself to because of the sadness associated with the pilot

still, seeing what you are doing with it could well change my mind :)

what paints are you using, specifically what colours for the roundels?

thanks for sharing, and welcome once again

Nick

Thanks guys. Nick you are right his story is sad, but i wanted to build his plane as he was a Greek, just to honor him. I have also build, in 1/48th scale, the P-47D of another Greek American this time, Spiros Pisanos. It is like a tribute to Greek Aviators who flew with foreign air forces. Now about the colors, for the camo i used Tamiya ones and for the roundels White ensign ACRN31 WWII roundel blue, ACRN22 RAF/FAA Red, ACRN21 RAF/FAA Yellow. I think that they are the best matches and also great paints, hold on and in a few days, in my next update you can judge by yourself.

John

Edited by zaxos345

Good evening guys, today i finally finished with the painting of the roundels and Fuselage codes. But let me put the facts in order.

First i put the stencils, dry transfers by hobbydecal. Then i spayed two light coats of future and started painting the roundels, codes and the yellow stripe using masks and white ensign colors. Afterwards i sanded them lightly and put the rest of the decals. Finally i gave it another light future coat and now it waits for the washes and weathering. Hope you like it.

P1040590.jpg

P1040592.jpg

P1040593.jpg

P1040595.jpg

P1040597.jpg

P1040598.jpg

P1040599.jpg

P1040600.jpg

P1040601.jpg

P1040602.jpg

John

Edited by zaxos345

Nice clean demarcation lines. High color contrasts. And shiny to boot. I love it!

I have to say, when anyone builds this kit and presents it without an engine it just looks freaky to me. Maybe that's why I haven't started mine.

Anyway, you've got a great finish going on there.

Sincerely,

Mark