1/32 Hasegawa ME-109G-14/AS- Rise of the Phoenix!

Daywalker

This is my first LSP finished! It is the Hasegawa 1/32 ME-109G-10, converted to a G-14/AS. I began this kit a couple of years ago, and put it aside after becoming frustrated with it. I was having difficulty getting the fuselage seams sorted out, and finally gave up on it. I actually broke the thing in half right behind the cockpit, and the split the fuselage lengthwise, then removing the cockpit for use on a future kit. One day a while back, I decided to try it again. I used a ton of CA glue to glue it all back together. A daunting task to begin with as the now broken fuselage was a mess- wish I had taken photos of it then but I didn't as I didn't want to document the failure!

Built mostly OOB, adding seatbelts, antenna, and brake lines. Painted with Tamiya acrylics, and decals from Eagle Editions. I also drilled out the kit exhausts, opened up the four small scoops on the nose, the recesses in the main gear bays, re-positioned the elevators, added bracing wires inside the radiators and oil cooler. A few other small scratchbuilt details were added like parts for the gunsight, in-cockpit fuel line, canopy release lever, etc.

Comments and constructive criticism welcomed!

002-6.jpg

001-5.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

007-2.jpg

Many thanks for looking in fellas! Sure is nice to be able to post something I have finished, after being here for so long without any finished works.

Yeah, about darn time too, buddy! B)

Great looking build Frank, just excellent all the way around.

• 2 weeks later...

great looking paint job

nice weathering especially underneath

personal preference is for the whites in the crosses to be toned down / dirtied a bit, but maybe that's the camera / picture, and it's just personal preference

thanks for sharing

nick

Thanks everyone for the comments, very, very encouraging!

Nick- I think you are absolutely right, the whites could really use more of a toning down. I usually give a finished build a light dusting of earth colors, to blend everything together but now that I think of it- I never did on this one! Thank you very much for the feedback.

Its absolutely superb!

I am going to point out one constructive criticism because I have been doing it on my builds too; The wheels and tyres are very dirty but there's none on the undersides of the wheelwells and tail. Just a thought