IDF Sho't, c.1982

dodgem37

I have been debating as to whether of not to drop a few images into this Topic as this particular work is not completed, and my impression of the Topic is that it is for completed work, not Works In Progress. But, prior to my posting of a Dragon Mustang last year, all I did for 20 years or so was scratchbuild. Although I considered the models I had worked on to be completed, where ever they are, none had been painted. So really, I hadn't finished anything in 20 years. In spite of this, I still wanted to post! Anyway, . . . enough is enough.

I sympathize with Jerry Rutman when he says his painting skills are rusty after spending so much time scratchbuilding. I stopped working on this particular vehicle around the beginning of last year after working on it for 5 years because I wanted to turn my attention to airplanes, and which I knew I would not only complete, but would also finish. What I didn't know was that I would hoodwink myself into more scratchbuilding. I thought all I was going to do was add some color into my life!

DSCN4669.jpg

Main gun is aftermarket. The little position lights on the front fenders are cast from a Hasegawa 1/24 Jeep. Machine gun is cast from an ESCI 1/24 Landrover 109. Track is Friulmodel. There is a little black chain that is also aftermarket. From whom I don't recall. 'Blazer' armor was cast from a master.

DSCN4670.jpg

Tow rope is ship rigging. Air filter parts were cast from a master.

DSCN4672.jpg

Gas can is cast from a Hasegawa 1/24 Kubelwagen. Taillights and rear fender reflecters were cast for the Jeep. Bolts were cast from a molding of the roadwheel centers. Tow cleats were cast from a master. Shackles are aftermarket. Fender gas can was cast from a master.

DSCN4674.jpg

Detail, rear left fender.

DSCN4678.jpg

Here I'm just being a smarty pants and showing that I hinged the bustle. Screen is aftermarket.

DSCN4680.jpg

Machine gun ammo boxes on back turret deck were either cast from the ESCI kit or scratched, I don't remember which. Blue tape with oval is location for periscope.

Thanks for putting up with me.

Sincerely,

Mark

Its really nice to see this stage of the build Mark.

If you had shown it finished with paint you could have said "I added this and scratchbuilt that.........."

but its nowhere near as impressive as seing it at this stage where we can actually see the work.

Lovely stuff as usual!

Phil :rolleyes:

Awesome looking work there Mark. :clap2:

I like the others am glad you chose to post before painting so we can see all the scratch built parts.

Beautiful work!!!!!!!

I've got the same kit and want to do an Aussie, Centurion used in Vietnam.

I'll be looking for the tracks now that I know they were/are available; can you tell me who did the gun?

Barry

That's amazing Mark!

I have been debating as to whether of not to drop a few images into this Topic as this particular work is not completed, and my impression of the Topic is that it is for completed work, not Works In Progress.

Not at all. That's just the way it's panned out so far. It's for all non-LSP modelling content, at whatever stage it happens to be in. So, post away!

Kev