Revell Hawker Hunter F6 Red/White Trainer Scheme

PhilB

This is one of my previous builds, thought we could do with a bit of colour!

Firstly what a great kit! No filler involved in the build. Used the True Details cockpit and parts of the Flightpath Hunter set. Paints are Humbrol satin red/white/Light Aircraft Grey. No Klear /Future was used apart from the canopy. Paints were sanded smooth to accept the decals. Used the SAC nosewheel to support all the lead in the nose. Used kit mainwheel gear as its better in detail. Decals were from the Extradecal 1/32 Hunters sheet.

Added a couple of small tow hook brackets to the nosewheel, used steel rod for the axle.

post-13803-1268717988.jpg

I know Hunters were rarely seen parked with the flaps down but after all the work on them I claim artistic licence!

post-13803-1268718006.jpg

On most Hunters the panel at the top of the tail is black. Photos of a sister aircraft shows it as white in this scheme

post-13803-1268718019.jpg

Hope you like her, more pics to follow.

Phil

Flightpath flaps, so its all brass. Many many parts - lots of Ca - lots of swearing!

post-13803-1268718762.jpg

Airbrake bay. Had to scratch the ram to get a good fit. Roundels showed the red through quite badly. Had to cut additional white decal to cover it up. Looks ok with the naked eye(I think!)

post-13803-1268718773.jpg

That's all folks.

Phil

A real stunner, thanks for sharing. What did you use from the Flightpath set? I'm thinking of getting it for a T8.

Thanks for the comments!

I used mainly the flaps and a few bits and pieces in the wheel bays. I also used the liner for the exhaust. There is a great deal of extra detailing in the set for the undercarriage and airframe.

The set also has replacement flaps with cutouts if you intend to fit the larger tanks.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...