Airfix 1/24 Mosquito - Complete at Last!

Spencer Pollard

Hi Everyone - I hope that you're all well today! :)

Well, here we go, some final shots of my Mosquito as built from the extarordinary Airfix 1/24 kit. Though I still have some final details to add (ammo feeds, actuators in the bomb bay, flaps at the back of the radiator troughs, rockets and a light or two...) this is the model as it will appear in the February issue of Model Aviation World. Photos really can't capture the sheer presence of this kit (the Tamiya 1/32 Spit is about the same size as one of the wings..!) or the features that it incorporates - it is, to all intents and purposes, magnificent.

I hope you enjoy the final shots as much as I've enjoyed putting it and them, together.

Now, if you don't mind, I need some sleep... :closedeyes:

Spence

4162516629_4ce360c59e_b.jpg

4162518189_165ef9ac34_b.jpg

4162517643_fa2b4e7e6a_b.jpg

4162517185_0498ef2284_b.jpg

4162519011_be3b5c9306_b.jpg

Oh Spence! Absolutely stunning! You know, I bet if you put down a coin or something to give perspective as to size it would be a shock. The build was an absolute pleasure to follow along with, and all I can say good Sir, I cannot wait until Great Models stocks the Mossie and I can get one of my own. Oh wow, this one is definitely taking priority on the work bench.

Thanks again for sharing Spence, and it looks great. Amazing work, great paint work, wow... all around. Well done!

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL !!! You did a splendid job on this Spencer,congrats..And Airfix has just nailed it!! The shape of the spinners,the gear legs,tires etc.it really pleases the eye in all respects. This will be getting Kit of the year,have no doubt.

Hey Everyone - thanks you so much for all of your comments on my Mosquito! I'm so glad that you like the completed model and that you all felt that I managed to get the best from it. The kit is magnificent and it was a real privelege to be able to build such an early sample!

You can read about the model in the February and March editions of Model Aviation World - in the meantime I think I may put my feet up for a few days, before I start work in the Tamiya Spitfire. They just keep coming eh..?

Spence :bow: