F-80C Shooting Star

Texas

Well here we go...I have the Czech Model 1/32 scale F-80C shooting Star and will see what I can do with it. I also have Harold's cockpit and tail pipe sets to use but am opting out on the True Detail wheelwell set as of now.

I started on the intakes and found it takes a little work to bring them along. Heres a few photos of where I am at:

ntakesD.jpg

IntakesA.jpg

IntakesB.jpg

IntakesC.jpg

IntakesE.jpg

IntakesF.jpg

Texas :) ;) ;)

Hi Texas.

Can you explain the issues with the intakes? I know that they don't fit too well.

I will try an explain what I did.

1. Saw the intake inner walls (kit part C12) right down the middle. They are molded as one part

2. Glue the inner (C12s)and outer (C13 & C14) intake parts together. the outer one has a step for the inner one

3. Parts E9 in the kit have two tabs that I removed to allow it to fit flush with the inner intake on the outside of the fuselage

4. The fuselage haves have a round area that the intakes fit in that must be trimmed to allow the intakes to fit properly.

5. I had to glue a thin shim on the back of the fuselage inner intake to fill a gap left when the intakes are fitted with kit parts C7 and C8 held in place

6. Glue the intakes to the fuselages haves before you glue in C7/8

7. Be sure to test fit and then test fit again before applying glue

Hopes this helps and If you have more questions Fire Away

Texas :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Heres are some photos of Haroilds pit I am going to use. The bottom of the tub needs to be sanded off to allow the nose gear bay to be built right and the speed break area to be deepened.

IntakesO.jpg

IntakesP.jpg

IntakesQ.jpg

IntakesR.jpg

Can you post a shot of how much needs to be removed for the nose gear bay? I might be able to cast it with the notch cut out.

I havent sanded the bottom of the tub yet. The one I have is concave so the edges sticks down farther than the middle. Right now I would say I will need to remove about 1/8 inch to 3/16 inch to give enuff clearance for the nose wheel bay. I will let you know for sure when I get it dun.

I havent sanded the bottom of the tub yet. The one I have is concave so the edges sticks down farther than the middle. Right now I would say I will need to remove about 1/8 inch to 3/16 inch to give enuff clearance for the nose wheel bay. I will let you know for sure when I get it dun.

Sounds good. I do have some leeway on the thickness. Will the bottom of the IP module clear? If it does, I can just cast the tubs with less resin on the bottom.

Sounds good. I do have some leeway on the thickness. Will the bottom of the IP module clear? If it does, I can just cast the tubs with less resin on the bottom.

OK Here you go. I have sanded the bottom of the tub and IP where the kit nose wheel well will fit. I am not going to use the kit nose wheel well but wanted the depth just the same. I sanded the entire tub so I can deepen the speed break area. If you notice the front of the tub is sanded with a step in it and that is because the bottom where the seat and stick goes was getting pretty thin. The front center part of the tub is now 1/8 inch thick.

If anyone see something I am missing or has a suggestion chime in.

Here's some photos:

CockpitA.jpg

CockpitB.jpg

CockpitD.jpg

CockpitE.jpg

CockpitF.jpg

CockpitG.jpg

CockpitH.jpg

Texas :P :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey Texas....thanks for the WIP pix....these will sure come in handy!

Quick question...if you're not using kit nose wheel bal...what are you using?

Good to go,

Jim

Hey Texas....thanks for the WIP pix....these will sure come in handy!

Quick question...if you're not using kit nose wheel bal...what are you using?

Good to go,

Jim

Thanks....I am going to try and scratch build one. We shell see how it comes out. I cut a few parts late last night and hope to have some progress to show tomarrow or the next day.

Texas ;) :huh: :rolleyes:

Heres my start on the nose wheelwell. Still have lots of bits and pieces to put in it and the gray is part on the kit well that I thought would be good to use.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome.

WheelwellA.jpg

WheelwellB.jpg

WheelwellD.jpg

WheelwellE.jpg

Stay Tuned

Texas ;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: