Bf109G-6/R-6 JG302 "Red 29"

big matt

Thanks for the comments guys! Elvis (my reference book eating dog)has not attacked this kit yet. He has been eyeing the squirrels in the yard though...

Oh well, got going on the paint for this thing. Basic day fighter 74/75/76 with some mottling, or at least my interpretation of basic day fighter camo.

red29wip4025.jpg

hopefully my 75 is not too purple, I got in trouble on another forum for that.

red29wip4027.jpg

here is where the basic day fighter camo ends. The starboard black wing was adopted by a few groups early in 1944, according to some of my source material. I also thought it was cool and reminded me of the Malta Hurricanes i have seen pictures of somewhere.

red29wip4029.jpg

Now I have to figure out how I am going to do the winter white striping, brush or airbrush. I had recently read that the RLM wanted winter camouflage brush painted, not sprayed. Maybe that is my out as I am starting to panic about airbrushing them on.

Matt

Wow!

Adding the squiggles creates an almost instant and dramatic change in appearance.

Truly remarkable.

Wots wrong with purple? I paint all my plane purple. :rolleyes:

Looks great,

Keith.

Finished up this fun little 109.

red29final056.jpg

lots of squiggles

red29final038.jpg

red29final033.jpg

red29final037.jpg

I forgot to take a picture of it when the cockpit was in pieces but I made the auxiliary armament panel below the main instrument panel. Not sure how common it was but I liked it.

red29final044.jpg

night camouflage

red29final053.jpg

day camouflage

red29final027-1.jpg

red29final019.jpg

That's pretty much it.

I really appreciated everyone's input and thanks for looking,

Matt

Suhhhwweeet, Matt! :blink: Excellent photography too. When I wuz taking the last pics of my latest '109, I know it was hard for me to capture the lines the way I wanted too. These came out great! What a great camo scheme, really captures the 'late war' flavor of this aircraft.

Soo...uh,...(scratch, scratch)...what's next? That BIG ole burly 105? :P he he. Can't wait to see what you pull out next! Russ