Revell F-15D

Type: F-15B? (lost the box years ago)

Scale: 32nd

Manufacturer: Revell

Your aim in this build: dont have the heart to throw it away, so finish it

What stopped build: life :o

What do you think would help you build get through to completion: not much, not many thing missing

well, this one has stalled over 20 years ago. then this kit was state of the art and i enjoyed building it. it was my first attempt with an airbrush. the humbrol paints gave a really nice matt finish - and that was the problem: i couldnt get most of the decals to adhere to the surface, but was too scared :o to put on a gloss cote, in fear i wouldnt get the finish dull again

that pretty much stopped it for a while, the i moved out of my parents place and the thing stood there in my workshop for decades (along with hundreds of more modells)

fast forward to 2004 - my wife and me bought the house of of my parents and - B) - the workshop was still there (its an "office" now)

rediscovering modelling i decided to concentrate on one scale: 32nd scale

and on jets (for now :) )

so i needed a testbed for something called "future" or my first homemade decals, enter the F-15

i snapped a few pics before my new background: its pretty complete, but misses another wingtank, as well as painting these.

since i ordered the cutting edge exhaust for my tamiya strike eagle, i want to fit the leftover exhaust parts to the revell kit.

other bits and pieces miss too, hope i find them :huh:

post-2020-1187248247.jpg

here you can see my first try on inkjet made decals

the bird is from the 1st TFW, 27th TFS during desert storm

i know there were no amraams used in DS and were only mounted to some AC of the 33rd TFS late in the war when the 1st TFW had allready rotated home, but i couldnt resist

post-2020-1187248429.jpg

this is the unfinished part of the bird, the exhaust is missing. all of the DS birds had their turkeyfeathers removed so the kit one wouldnt help anyway

we´ll see what i can do with the exhaust and create an finished modell

hope this even qualifies for the stalled projects build, since its so far advanced :huh:

post-2020-1187248549.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

hey, i managed to get the parts for the engines together

i will be working on this while tomcat parts are drying B)

this is what i will use: the leftover tamiya exhaust parts, the other tamiya and the cutting edge parts as a reference as well as the revell kit nozzles

post-2020-1189604961.jpg

thanx ray

slow progress. from left to right: cutting edge part (with pouring block not removed), shortened tamiya parts fitted to the cut off revell kit part, stock revell kit part

i will add some more detail to the ring later, also the actuators (these have to be shortened too)

post-2020-1189753767.jpg