PCM 1/32 Re. 2005..... tale of an elegant fighter

alaninaustria

Hej guys, have been sitting/laying around home these last days on sick leave... had a start on the new Pacific Coast Models (PCM) Reggiane Re. 2005 fighter aircraft in 1/32 scale... this is the 4th in the 32nd scale series from PCM and as I understand it: SWORD from Czech republic has tooled this aircraft, and they have done an excellent job on it! :rolleyes: If PCM's upcoming 1/32 scale Spitfire MkIX is of the same quality, we are in for a real treat! :rolleyes: It is my goal to build this aircraft kit as best as I can straight out of the box without too much modification or alteration - however I will add detail throughout the build as I see fit! <_<

I will post some photos soon! :lol:

Cheers

Alan :huh:

For a teaser here is a shot: :o

Keep an eye out for the LSP review of this kit! :lol:

post-10-1186665640.jpg

Alan, If SWORD does the job on the Spitty as the have done on the Italiano birds, there are going to be some cash poor hombres/ expensive christmas lists! I can see wanting at least three <_<

Hej Mike, you got that right mate! I have already ordered a few!! I actually might go broke buying up new spits <_< :rolleyes:

I have fallen in 'love' with this kit.... she is that good!! :huh:

enjoy.... the rest of the photos I will get up later!

Cheers

Alan :rolleyes: :o

post-10-1186674336.jpg

After sanding down the back of the casting block, which only took a few minutes... the wheel wells were a drop in fit... perfect! The only preparation required was that there was a 'male' injector pin marking right on the frame that is located on the inside of the wing... a few passes of the chisel and 'he' was gone!

The detail that these resin wheel wells present is out of this world.... better than an injection wheel pit!! :wacko:

post-10-1186674510.jpg

The parts only required a few passes of the "Big Purple Stick" :wacko: from Mastercasters to true the edges up :) .... the radiator housing is also a drop fit... right onto the lower section of the wing. Before glueing the wings... I lined them up from the tips inward, clamped them and then glued them... no worries mate about having a gap at the wing root.... now don't get me wrong guys.. a little "gap" once in awhile is great :wub: but not on my models!!

post-10-1186674892.jpg

And finally for today... the German end of things... the shape of this forward nose area almost gives it away.... underneath the housing was a German manufactured DB 605... :wub:

The Italians can really build some beautiful aircraft ..... :wacko:

post-10-1186675342.jpg

That is funny guys! Thanks for the nice words... If you :wub: look at the general lines... it does have a bit of a 'Eau de Jug' !!!

Had another burst of energy before heading off to bed.... :wacko: :)

Here the tail plane got drilled with the fuselage on a flat surface. After making the two holes, I re-drilled from inside while holding the tail plane on the outside... once the holes were marked on the mating surface of the tail plane the holes were made deeper by hand drilling independant of the original holes on the fuselage... then a matching diameter styrene rod was placed to create allignment pins... there is enough support there to help carry the weigh of the solid tail planes... B)

post-10-1186696884.jpg

Moving on over to the cockpit area: the resin details are excellent, crisp, thin walled and the fit is great :wub:

The kit instructions will have you glueing the cockpit together before inserting it into the fuselage, as I see it, it is easier to assemble the entire cockpit by starting with the sidewalls glued into the fuselage :wacko:

post-10-1186697715.jpg