A6M 2 Lt Junichi Sasie
Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:38 AM
Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:52 AM
back after 20 years
DUE TO A HOSTING PROBLEM A LOT OF PICS OF MY BUILDTHREADS ARE GONE. ANYONE INTERESTED CAN REQUEST THESE VIA PM FROM ME
Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:55 AM
Yeah, really nice work Vaughn. Any updates?
Hey Kev & Blackbetty sorry for being out of the loop for so long, Christmas and split with GF (and her moving out by mutual agreement) over the season sorta torpedoed my modeling focus. But here we are, a new year, more sniffin glue and sticking little bits of plastic to bigger bits of plastic
I did get a bunch of plastic plus my bender arrived ! (no relation to the robot of the same name)
So I'm looking at the work I was doing.... those bays look not too bad do they ? Now to finish detailing.... I clipped the inner door off and cleaned it up. There was a bit of thick flash on it but it cleaned up nice. The detail is a bit heavy so I think I'll be making new ones or at least modifying the part using the Eduard bits. The first problem is the linkage... as is the arms are way too short....
Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:00 AM
but the shapes were bothering me so I tried to fit the door in the closed position.... not very close !
Looks like more work to get this right but hey, that's half the fun !
Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:47 AM
This is where those little holes I drilled in the ribs come in, the line runs through them. I positioned it and fixed it with super glue, then made what I believe is an electrical wire from stretched sprue, it runs through the other hole and goes through the top of the wing into the wing root. I just glued it in place as it is very hard to see in the pics just where or how it goes, plus most of the shots show something a little different.
Posted 14 January 2010 - 05:47 AM
Posted 14 January 2010 - 05:50 AM
Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:58 AM
Posted 14 January 2010 - 05:44 PM
I have the same Doyusha kit and I'm taking notes.
Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:22 AM
Aurora, I hope that what I'm doing here is of some help, Gods know I've learned a lot from others here on the forum.
So, back to the build. I finally got the inner doors trimmed to fit
However there was no way the Eduard door detail was gonna fit. Either the kit doors were way off or the Eduard set was....
I'm not gonna argue or get warped out of shape trying to make them work together... I got a plan !
Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:29 AM
Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:34 AM
Posted 15 January 2010 - 04:26 PM
Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:57 AM
Its a bummer that the photo etch is so off, but sometimes thats a good thing. Look at what you've done as opposed to what they wanted you to do. I'd say you came out ahead. That gear well is looking pretty good. Once it's primed, painted and weathered it will look super.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users