Next Hasegawa 1/32 kit is...

Kagemusha

Guest Clunkmeister

Well, it'll open up the reach of the model to those who for whatever reason won't buy unless it's a mainstream name German or Japanese kit.

Well, it'll open up the reach of the model to those who for whatever reason won't buy unless it's a mainstream name German or Japanese kit.

Also it will make importing it to the JDM easier, such as Tamiya's arrangement with Italeri.

Not really a bad setup by ICM: put out a kit and reap the first sales, then sell/lease the molds to others while you come out with the next version.

Exactly. Dragon did it with their Ju88 series with Hasegawa and Revellogram/pro-modeller and the fw190 series as well to an extent, no doubt others have as well

Gotta say, I'm disappointed. Why not do a P-51B since Revell released it's P-51D. That would have been cool. Or, get the molds for the Ki-27 and doctor them to make a great kit from Special Hobby. Why not come out with a Val or Kate? I have no interest in the Rata whatsoever. Happy for you fellows that are, but I have zero interest.

Gotta say, I'm disappointed. Why not do a P-51B since Revell released it's P-51D. 

Much MUCH easier for Has to put out a kit that already has molds and plastic cut by another company, and just slap their name on the box and some decals VS having to R&D a whole new plane.

That is not to say I wouldn't have LOVED it though!   I think most of the WWII guys are chomping at the bit for a new tool decent and correctly modeled (AKA Hasegawa, Tamiya type designed) B model P-51.