NEWS IN HpH !!!

Mirek O

Mirek,

I'm pretty sure someone already asked you the question but.... Does HPH plan to correct the way the front wheel is pinned to the gear leg? It's actually upseting a lot of people down here...

You know i'm really a true HPH fan, and i have about 95% of all of HPH 1/35 kits, so i dont want to badly criticize your kits. But i think those great kits desserve a better design for the front wheel.

If the price for a cast brass gear leg or something else is a matter of cost, maybe you could offer it as an option, like you did for the paint mask for the Zlin Z-50 or the Aviatik D.1, or like the Mig-15 extra sets?

Mirek,

I'm pretty sure someone already asked you the question but.... Does HPH plan to correct the way the front wheel is pinned to the gear leg? It's actually upseting a lot of people down here...

You know i'm really a true HPH fan, and i have about 95% of all of HPH 1/35 kits, so i dont want to badly criticize your kits. But i think those great kits desserve a better design for the front wheel.

If the price for a cast brass gear leg or something else is a matter of cost, maybe you could offer it as an option, like you did for the paint mask for the Zlin Z-50 or the Aviatik D.1, or like the Mig-15 extra sets?

I Love the Tigercat. Most anyone around here who knows me at all, knows its my #1. Its a LOVELY model for sure. I would gladly and happily pay whatever it took to get rid of the pin through the nose tire.

Guest Smitty44

I Love the Tigercat. Most anyone around here who knows me at all, knows its my #1. Its a LOVELY model for sure. I would gladly and happily pay whatever it took to get rid of the pin through the nose tire.

You could always bust out the 50lb test fishing line and hang it from the ceiling... :mental:

300 + Euro for the Tigercat!  Is that about the normal cost of their kits?

it's on the high side, but their kits are not the cheapest either. The "normal" price is around 150-200€, depending of the size/complexity of the aircraft.

Well,

if we consider most companies (except Revell) will sell an injected kit of a two engines plane for at least 150 euros, I do not think Hph kits are overpriced for a simple reason: you have everything in the box!

For plastic kits, it is not uncommon to spend more or less 100 additional euros to get better decals, paper seat belts, a resin cockpit or at least the seats, resin wheels, photoetched details, etc.

I just got the 189 and it is really a gem! The resin clear parts are simply incredible and you do not need to add anything.

So, to me, globally, they have an excellent value. I already own eight of their 1/32 kits and will go on getting others (the Macchi is on my list for the end of the year...). The one that really frightens me is the Walrus...

Well,

if we consider most companies (except Revell) will sell an injected kit of a two engines plane for at least 150 euros, I do not think Hph kits are overpriced for a simple reason: you have everything in the box!

For plastic kits, it is not uncommon to spend more or less 100 additional euros to get better decals, paper seat belts, a resin cockpit or at least the seats, resin wheels, photoetched details, etc.

I just got the 189 and it is really a gem! The resin clear parts are simply incredible and you do not need to add anything.

So, to me, globally, they have an excellent value. I already own eight of their 1/32 kits and will go on getting others (the Macchi is on my list for the end of the year...). The one that really frightens me is the Walrus...

I agree 100% Thierry !

And indeed, HPH certainly supply the best clear resin ever. I received their Spitfire Mk.V correction for the Hobbyboss kit, and the canopy is just incredible. better than most injected clear plastic.

Edited by Zero77

The only thing I do NOT like about HpH stuff if the "resin pool" method of making their parts. There is usually a faint striation line where the pool stops and the part starts, but its not always clear. 

The issues start when you have to have something 100% straight (Like a fuselage half) and the parts are REALLY big.  I learned the hard way, when my Walrus fuselage turned out really, REALLY warped after assembly.    

Ive got a really large mirror, and a really large (15 or 20" x 20") ceramic floor tile I found extremely helpful, as they are large enough to put some water down, and or tape, and a large piece of sand paper, so you can sand fuse halves and get them perfectly flat.

The other smaller parts are also a complete PITA to remove from that resin pool. The fit also plays a roll, as if you sand too far, or not far enough, the fit will be off. 

The only thing I do NOT like about HpH stuff if the "resin pool" method of making their parts. There is usually a faint striation line where the pool stops and the part starts, but its not always clear. 

The issues start when you have to have something 100% straight (Like a fuselage half) and the parts are REALLY big.  I learned the hard way, when my Walrus fuselage turned out really, REALLY warped after assembly.    

Ive got a really large mirror, and a really large (15 or 20" x 20") ceramic floor tile I found extremely helpful, as they are large enough to put some water down, and or tape, and a large piece of sand paper, so you can sand fuse halves and get them perfectly flat.

The other smaller parts are also a complete PITA to remove from that resin pool. The fit also plays a roll, as if you sand too far, or not far enough, the fit will be off. 

Indeed ! And you have to love sanding (and i dont !).

Even if you can avoid most of the dust with water, it's still muddy.

I prefere a lot more small casting slot that you saw or even better, cut with a knife, as in the Silver Wings kits for example.