McDonalds SC Stack commercial in the UK

ScottsGT

Please, please someone in the UK contact McDonalds marketing and tell them that South Carolinian's do NOT dress up like Dolly Pardon (She's from Tennessee),  we don't dress up like drug store cowboys and twirl lasso's above our heads. Hell, we don't even dress up like cowboys. That would be Ernie out in Texas!  The Football player is actually from North Carolina, but they are "our" Carolina panthers.   It's about the only thing halfway correct in the ad.  And for what it's worth, I just ate lunch at the original Maurice's Bar-B-Que where they are getting their "tangy southern sauce" from. 

Sorry, but around here, we wear wife beater shirts with a mustard stain and say things like, "Here' hole my beer and watch this!"  just before we wind up in the emergency room.

Let's get the stereotyping correct!! 

As if stereotypes weren't bad enough...they use the wrong stereotypes! Priceless!

I haven't seen the ad yet, but I'll have a good laugh at it when I do.

Makes wonder what they'll come up with for the other specials!

Still, they got their backsides kicked here recently for putting out an ad that kind of trivialised childhood bereavement!! Makes you wonder what the ad people snort sometimes!

Best regards;
Steve

Whilst we're on the topic of incorrect stereotyping, can you Yanks please note the following;

- We don't all sound like Hugh Grant. In fact, most of us don't sound like him at all.

- No-one in the UK wears a Bowler Hat.

- We drink more coffee than tea

- You have worse dental health than we do - the average American adult has lost 7.31 teeth, compared to only 6.97 in the UK

Vince,

Y'all eat those things they call "scones". I tried on once and figured out there was a typo in there somewhere. They should have been called 'stones'.

Oh, and your beer sucks.  :fight:

I'm not sure how a native of a country that produces the likes of Budweiser, Coors and Miller can have the nerve to criticise another country's beer... :evil_laugh:

As HM The Queen was saying to me the other day, that's playing off a sticky wicket!

Guest Jessie_C

I'm not sure how a native of a country that produces the likes of Budweiser, Coors and Miller can have the nerve to criticise another country's beer... :evil_laugh:

Oh, that's easy. None of those are actual beer.

Woohoo! You guys are making me laugh!!

And that is one stupid commercial. Wow.

Here's my contribution to this madness: ALL beer is piss (including ale), and unfit for consumption. I say that after working in the brewing industry for 7 years. So are most forms of wine, spoken from the POV of someone who lives in a hugely popular wine producing region. And Jessie was right, those aren't really beer.

If it's alcohol concentration isn't high enough to be flammable, it's not fit to drink.

Tim

Edited by BiggTim

I can't wait for the "Coon-Ass Stack to come next.

Wonder if it has "Gator Meat" patties, Mudbug E'toufee Sauce

and a few shots of "Tabasco" for good measure!

Probably use Swamp People and Duck Dynasty types

as customers and a Creole taking their orders.

:frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic: 

jack

From  Looooooose E Anna

Whilst we're on the topic of incorrect stereotyping, can you Yanks please note the following;

- No-one in the UK wears a Bowler Hat.

WHAT?????????? :frantic:  :frantic:   Next thing you are gonna tell me is nobody has a handlebar mustache and says things like "Smashing, Old Boy" or "Cheerio".  :shrug:  :shrug:

Guest Airfixer

Meanwhile-in-Germany-08.jpg

Interesting...

I'm German, and only one of my favourite beers is from a German brewery...the other ones are of Czech and Austrian provenance...Velkopopovický Kozel and Stiegl...

rothaustannenzaeple033fl.12x12.jpg

For the sake of fairness...both the "Muricans and Brits have some really excellent craft amber fluids up their sleeve.

Edited by Airfixer