1/32 Tamiya Mosquito (Merged)

ScoobyDoo

Hello

As the new Tamiya kit is coming out and it's the only Mosquito version I like. Is the HAYNES DE HAVILLAND MOSQUITO 194 - BRIAN RIVAS JONATHAN FALCONER (HARDCOVER) a good book to have?

I have the Sam publications book on the way as the two Squadron signal books in the library!

Also is the Aero Detail 23 De Havilland Mosquito also a good choice to?

http://www.amazon.com/De-Havilland-Mosquito-Aero-Detail/dp/4499226953

Thank You

I got the Aero Detail Mosquito - and in my oppinion that line of books is as must have for any plastic modeller. Aero Detail line is out of print and if you get access to one to that low price - take it.

Edited by Urs

Seem to have a colossal Mosquito library here, but nothing too anatomical like the Haynes 'Owners Manual' or the Mosquito Fighter Squadrons book - Mark, is that the Osprey soft back ?

Have the FB.VI kit on pre-order with HLJ sight unseen, but looking forward to seeing pics of the gear from the Shizuoka hobby fair mid-May.

Having not built any Tamiya 1/32 props I'm curious as to what is usually included as 'extras', or not as the case may be.

Tony

Tony, the book Mosquito Fighter Squadrons is published by Wingleader as part of their In Focus series. It is soft cover and no relationship to Osprey. The book is filled with operational details about the aircraft detailing each squadron that operated it. There is good photo coverage and color profiles. However, if you want to detail a specific area of your model, this book wouldn't help.

HTH

Mark Proulx

For whatever it may be worth, Squadron/Signal also does a Mosquito walk around book. Used in conjunction with the Aero Detail and SAM books, it should answer most detail questions I'd think.

SAM also does (or did) an interesting book on RAF markings for the Mosquito. Obviously there are many, many other books, but to me, these are some of the highlights.