Me 109 G "production line"..

Chris/Germany

Hy guys, after ruining the NMF of the last P-47 D of the "production line" by trying something new ..sh......!§"$%&(§/(&/&%$"&%§$/§%&$ ......( now she´s waiting for a full cammo) I needed a break from the silver jugs and finished some birds I started a few weeks ago.

The one backwards is G-2 "Black 13" from german ace Günther Rall, finished, waiting for her base and then ready to be displayed at the next exhibition with the "German ace project" including Hartmann, Barkhorn and Rall.

The one in front is a G-6, will be "Yellow 11" from JG 54, just finished the cammo with brushes of different sizes.

As soon as both have their bases the P-47 production will go on...how says the new californian "Gouvernator"?

....I´ll fix it!

Chris

post-4-1080164549.jpg

Hey Mike, take a closer look at the starboard wing of "Black 13"......there is that "big whole"......sure they are cutaways, as usual..hehe ........will take more ( detail) shots when she´s on her base together with Hartmann and Barkhorn

Chris.....they´re both 1/32 REVELLS, the Trump 1/24 for the client has only been a "scale-accident", I´m stuck on to 1/32 and nothing else....with my rollout-rate and my fable for "3-or-more-bird-projects" changing to 1/24 would bring my wife to the psycho-doc !

cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

At the risk of getting my head blown off by you...but aren't you falling into the habbit of doing all your models 'cutaway's' ?

Sometimes one can overdo it too.

I don't mind a cutaway,and it's nice to see too,but isn't it a bit like 'when you've see one,you've seen them all '

I know that I shouldn't tell you what to do.But to me it spoils the model in a way that it's not a replica anymore.

Greetings

Erwin, maybe you´re right with "sometimes you can overdo it". But it´s not right that "i f you know one you know it all". This effect only exists when for example all my G´s would be presented at an expo and thats what I´m trying to avoid by showing only two of each type, but even if my table is filled with 10 "big-wholed" planes the effect to the visitors is what I expect.

Every type of plane has it´s own construction detail, some have MG´s in wings, some have not and the technical details in the fuselage of a Me 109 and a P-47 are very different , and there are so many more planes with it´s very own construction features like the Mustang ( great motor area ), Corsair (wings), Mosquito( wooden construction), Hurricane ( tube-framing inside the fuselage) and so on. And because I´m a technic-freak I want to make it visible.

But the main reason why I´m happy with this is:

This is my style!

Every modeller sooner or later finds "his" style, some modellers put their planes in dioramas, some put them on mirrors, some make only NMF finished planes and some build mainly vacus.....I cut these (like Mike said) big wholes in them and then fill them like a turkey.

But maybe you´r a little bit right and I should build every 8th ot 10th model "closed"....hmmm...or every 5th....would raise my rollout-rate skywards.

Any way, thanx for your comment, you´re welcome my friend!

cheers

Chris

P.S: the "Black 33" in todays update is no cutaway!

I like the cutaways Chris.

It is something I would never do to a model, but seeing it done is facinating to me. I don't like opening panels, or showing the innards of any of my models for two reasons:

1) Stuff breaks off

2) I like the lines of a plane "ready for action" or just "recovered from a mission."

You're style is unique Chris, while I agree with Erwin to a point (all things in moderation?) I would love to see you do this to a Mustang, a Corsair, and a Lightning.

Cheers~

Chris,

Like I said.It's not up to me to tell you or anyone else how to model.

I build all my models OOB and paint them by brush 'brand new '. No weathering at all.

My vision on that is.All planes left the factory 'clean'.

I sometimes don't even put personal marking on,just the national markings.

I do modelling for fun and pleasure.The only people that see my models are some friends from work and family.

I show them my models as replicas how a Mustang,Spitfire,Zero,etc... looked like. Not how they looked during wartime.

They don't have to be an exact copy of an actual combat plane from that pilot, flight,or wing,or whatever

More like mini -museum pieces.

I hope to post some models on the forum when I get my dig. camera soon. Then you'll have a better idea what I mean.

You may have noticed that the 24 th Stuka pic I posted a while back,olso didn't have personal markings.And some member were positive about the model.

We all do what we like the most.

And the bottom line is . If others don't like it,they don't have to look '

Greetings

Erwin, you´re last words fix it!

But the difference between my style and your´s is as deep as it can be: you´re building factory-fresh planes without any weathering or special markings, I build only planes I can find a pic of the plane itself and/or the pilot plus any infos I can get and that means this bird has flown, is weathered, has paint chipping and perhaps the pilots personel insignia. The infos are presented with the model in a frame at some exhibitions - I dont build especially for these expos, I do this just for my fun, but two or three times a year when an expo is in our area I take this chance - and that´s why, ( dont shoot me for that but it´s my experience), people hangin up a few minutes more at my table than at other ones: because they have something to read, get infos ´bout this special bird and his pilot and theres´s an association between the model and the real one and most of them say: Wow, so many sorties he has flown? What, he´s still livin?...and many nice small-talks I had with some visitors at the last expo.

By the way: this kind of display is a little kind of honour to the man who did their jobs, as mentioned in a thread a few days ago!

Maybe it´s a little unfair, but a table with five or six "cutaways" is an eycatcher, and most of the visitors are very interested in this kind of modelling ´cause 99,9% could not ever imagine the construction-details of a plane.

And finally , as you know, I´m a little bit insane: one "Bluenoser-mustang" looks great, but three of them on a step-display together presenting for example Preddy, Whistner and Meyers including the photos is better than sex......oops....my wifes coming home.....

cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

This is wayyyyyy of topic on LSP...but here is an example of what I mean by a mini museum piece.

... a 1/25 scale model.

There was a time that I left the plane modelling and started on armour. But my first love was to big,so I returned to planes.

post-4-1080317167.jpg

Armour is a great theme for modellers too, they are a few "Experten" in our club building incredible and nearly unbelievable dioramas, would be interested too with that lots of different tanks and trucks, but they have one major mistake........they can´t fly! :huh: