Only Three Short Weeks

Gazzas

I think, if anything that relates to Richtofen is released, it will be a Albatros Dv with his markings.

Wouldn't be surprised either if it has nothing at all to do with Richtofen.

Would like to see a WNW Fokker D.r.1 also, but don't think it will happen.

I'm in for the Dr.1.  I get the reasons why WNW shouldn't be offering one but would still love to see them put one out there because they just do WW1 aircraft so much better than anyone else. Plus, I'm a big fan of anything with little / no rigging.  

I really hope they do not release a Dr 1 cos it has already been kitted by other manufacturers.

Would rather see other WW1 subjects that have not been released in 1/32 before ,which apart from the Sopwith Camel, was pretty much what WNW said they would do all along.

The kits are to such a standard that they pretty much sell themselves to most of us anyway.

I ordered the Roden 1/32 Fokker Triplanes today, the Dr.I and F.I, at £25 each, and the Encore kit regularly pops up on EBay. Eduard, PART and Toms Modelworks all offer PE detail sets, CMK offer a lovely little resin Le Rhone engine, as does Taurus. If somebody wants so much to build the Fokker Triplane, they can do so at less than the cost of WNW's theoretical kit? I know WNW's will be superior, but still, there's no need to wait.

A DR 1 would be cool but if WNW wanted to keep it somewhat esoteric as they sometimes (read often) do then perhaps a Halberstadt D II? The baron flew this type as well and it has had few kits in any scale much less large scale. I'd be game for one.

Or maybe they break their own rules of avoiding already kitted subjects and offer us a Albatros D III. Long shot I know abd sure the Roden kit is serviceable but I would surely jump at a WNW Alb D III.

Just spitballing with these as they were others mounts Richthofen used.

Zach

I ordered the Roden 1/32 Fokker Triplanes today, the Dr.I and F.I, at £25 each, and the Encore kit regularly pops up on EBay. Eduard, PART and Toms Modelworks all offer PE detail sets, CMK offer a lovely little resin Le Rhone engine, as does Taurus. If somebody wants so much to build the Fokker Triplane, they can do so at less than the cost of WNW's theoretical kit? I know WNW's will be superior, but still, there's no need to wait.

I'm restricting myself to OOB builds for a while, I have an O-2 on the bench that needs some re modelling in a few areas and that's taking all my modelling patience at the moment. ( I'm trying to turn it from an O-2 into a modern rebuilt 337 http://www.therocket2.com and it's fighting me all the way :(

Guys keep posting stuff from Richard Alexander from like 10 years ago LONG before the shake up at WNW to a more streamlined profitable model changes a couple of years ago.

Times have changed and WNW have moved on releasing a swarm of Camels that where never to be released.

Things have changed and statements that applied 10-12 years ago do not.

Anything could be coming but the chance to do a 100th Anniversary boxing of something Richtofen cant be ignored.

Hear, hear! 

That collection of stuff does not a WNW modeling experience make.

• 2 weeks later...