USS Arizona

LSP_Ron

I was at the LHS the other day and they had two of these new 1/200 Trump Arizona kits on sale for $199.00 which is a steal of a deal.

I wanted to do a ship for sometime. I realized when I finished my Trump P-51B build that it was my 32nd 1/32 LSP kit in the last 5 years. Time for a little change so I'll do a ship. The one thing I neglected to think of...? where am I going to put this beast? because it is Frigging HUGE!

But I sure am having fun with it. I've now used four bottles of MM Gunship Grey and I am still not done painting everything! It took me nearly 3 hours to mask the deck just to spray the gray.

Cheers, I'll finish this and then its time for another WNW build!

P2070001.jpg

P2070003.jpg

P2070002.jpg

Here is a size comparison, that is not a 1/48 Stang either!

P2070004.jpg

Wow! This is a big one!

Ron, thank you for showing this build here! This is the first build report i know of this kit. I will not bother to buy this ship kit myself, but i´d really like to have a look at your progress. Four bottles of Gunship Grey ´til now? Maybe this kit will cost you another $199 on paint stock... :whistle:

Thomas

Hi Ron,

Just started building this one myself, looking good. I will mention that the fighting tops should be 5L gray, its a light gray, I would say Lt Aircraft Gray would be close, are you going to do the turret tops red?

Andy

Looks awesome Ron! you're setting a land-speed record building that sucker as well! I might have my hull painted by the time you're rigging her. Give us a quick rundown on fit, flash, seams, problems, etc..!

:popcorn:

Cheers,

Jerry

I wanted to do a ship for sometime. I realized when I finished my Trump P-51B build that it was my 32nd 1/32 LSP kit in the last 5 years. Time for a little change so I'll do a ship. The one thing I neglected to think of...? where am I going to put this beast? because it is Frigging HUGE!

Where did you put 32 1:32 scale finished kits? :)

Thanks all, so far the fit has been really good other than the forward and rear decks have a seam with the middle deck that needed filling and re-scribe the planking.

Hi Ron,

I will mention that the fighting tops should be 5L gray, its a light gray, I would say Lt Aircraft Gray would be close, are you going to do the turret tops red?

Andy

I did not know what to do with the fighting tops. I have conflicting information on them being lighter gray as you mention and also the dark blue gray. I don't know what I will do there

Yes I plan on painting the turret tops red but slightly faded red.

Where did you put 32 1:32 scale finished kits? :)

I actually hang my plane builds on the wall vertically. That won't work for a ship :shrug: and SHMBO does not want a gray battle ship in the living room....

Not this one I am afraid, this is my first ship in years so it will be completely out of box to the full definition. I have the Trump 1/350 Hood kit with a tons of AM and that will be the play with PE build. That said, it will not happen for awhile as I have a few WnW's Bipes that need building first!