1/32 scale F117- toxic avenger

shan

thanks, Amazing to know that Eddie Rocked Desert Storm?

[/url]">http://maidencomparison_zps74badd56.jpg

Awesome! Eddie rocked Desert Storm in more ways than one. Maiden is my second favorite band, right behind Black Sabbath, and one of the best concerts I ever saw, (World Slavery Tour. Right after Powerslave was released). We played Killers, Number of the Beast and Powerslave constantly. Once the orders were given to enter Iraq, the 3 songs we played the most in our Humm-Vees on our "boom box" were Invaders, 2 Minutes to Midnight and Run to the Hills.

Awesome! Eddie rocked Desert Storm in more ways than one. Maiden is my second favorite band, right behind Black Sabbath, and one of the best concerts I ever saw, (World Slavery Tour. Right after Powerslave was released). We played Killers, Number of the Beast and Powerslave constantly. Once the orders were given to enter Iraq, the 3 songs we played the most in our Humm-Vees on our "boom box" were Invaders, 2 Minutes to Midnight and Run to the Hills.

Wow, Lawman, thanks for the info, this build is really piling on the info on Eddie, You're one of the lucky ones to have experience "Live After Death" tour, the peak of IRON MAIDEN's glory days. wow and to imagine you guys were blaring up Maidens tune during your run into Iraq, thats just mind blowing. Invaders would have been awesome during the raid?

thanks you so much for the info and hope all was well for you and your buddies during the conflict.

Great looking nighthawk, it's one that's on my wishlist, and I hope it comes up half as good as yours. Very nice job.

Hi Squizzy, thank you for your complements, are you attempting a 1/32 scale? i have some left overs. i bought the Caracal decals, but did not use the markings, i only used the stencilling. Drop me you address via PM and i will send the extras to you, but only if they are 1/32 scale.

Btw, Shan, if you have the "Live After Death" album, with the liner notes, (boy doesn't THAT make me sound old!), it should have the list of dates & venues. Our town was misspelled as Glenn Falls, NY. It's actually Glens Falls.

On a side note, you know you've raised your 23 year old son right when you have to hunt him down to get you Maiden CDs back!

Edited by lawman56

Btw, Shan, if you have the "Live After Death" album, with the liner notes, (boy doesn't THAT make me sound old!), it should have the list of dates & venues. Our town was misspelled as Glenn Falls, NY. It's actually Glens Falls.

On a side note, you know you've raised your 23 year old son right when you have to hunt him down to get you Maiden CDs back!

WOW, Maiden rocked you hometown, how lucky is that? Oh Yes, indeed you have raised our boy right. Cheers :punk: . Unfortunately i grew up in a country  where racial policies are put in place in the constitution. where the favored race gets most benefits including a spot in the state universities. also the islamic councill placed banns on most things which are deemed unislamic. so in the early years band like Iron Maiden do not get a chance with the local populace, so the only way to listen to these bands are via bootleg cassettes (remember those), normally sold in back alleys in the red light districts, which over the years they finally made it to the under-counters of the shopping centers. I still have my old cassette, but unfortunately being bootleg, the cover is only printed with the front cover and the back. no lyrics, etc. but there is a silver lining to our struggle. those of a minority race like mine who stand a 3% chance of getting into a state university would have to find you own way for further education. so most of us will venture overseas. I studied in Singapore and was fortunate to save some money and send my sister to the Uk to study law. She graduated and works in a law firm of which one of her colleagues knows Steve Harris the founding member of the band. He knew them back from the pub band days.

so this year my sis, gave me a gift for my Brithday .

[/url]">http://http://s1169.photobucket.com/user/shan1968/media/F117%20NIGHTHAWK/f117%20with%20maiden_zpspcj0dign.jpg.html'>f117%20with%20maiden_zpspcj0dign.jpg

an autographed poster by Steve Harris, how cool is that?

I was so fortunate to catch their show in Singapore, but sad that their latest tour does not include Singapore. But i still envy people like yourselves who have experienced Maiden at their peak. Nothing comes close to Live After Death. it is still one of the most iconic live albums just like Kiss's Alive (74) tour. Hope your boy enjoys Maides as every bit you have. When i caught their show in Singapore, it was so evident that you had 3 generations there. Kids from 18 years of age (and younger) to the 40's crowd (my age group)all the way to an old man who could barely stand straight.

Long live the Irons and Lawman, thank you

Shan,

What an epic and inspiring story and build! I have great respect for your work, and your information adds an entirely new element. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers, Tom

Thank you for your compliments Tom