Eduard P-40N EduArt Series

Flipper

So Eduard release an existing kit with existing decals?

Hardly filling a gap in the market.

And I find Eduards obsession with scantily clad females bloody infantile.

I'm confused. It's a model of a 1940s WWII airplane. A great number of (American) WWII airplanes had scantily clad female noseart.

Pinup art in general was popular in the 1940s. From artists like Gil Elvgren and similar.

Why are we singling out Eduard as being infantile?

:hmmm: :shrug:

Why are we singling out Eduard as being infantile?

:hmmm: :shrug:

Some people view an emphasis on large breasted

women to be a sophomoric approach to marketing.

Apparently it works for some but not others.

The older 'you' get, the older 'it' gets.

pipe2.png.jpg

Edited by MikeMaben

you can get here one for 68€. It`s local eshop and currently they give additional -15% on everything in stock, but don`t know if they are delivering abroad

http://www.modelshop.sk/shop/goods/warhawk-p-40m-p-40n-132-eduart?goods=41026

I have one already, IMHO nice price for such kit

jan

That's a nice price, I need to go for  another BA holiday trip :)

Some people view an emphasis on large breasted

women to be a sophomoric approach to marketing.

Apparently it works for some but not others.

The older 'you' get, the older 'it' gets.

I guess we should remember that there are some younger modelers out there. And the hobby needs younger modelers to survive. Maybe a variety of marketing methods to cover different demographics wouldn't hurt.

I'm under 40 so I consider myself a 'younger modeler'. I guess.

I live in one of the top 10 largest cities in the USA (by population) and I have seen ALL of my local hobby shops close up shop. I now have to drive an hour away just to get supplies. And I was reading recently that my favorite paints, or at least a big chunk of them (the testors model master enamel military paints) are getting discontinued. I despair for my hobby. I may be able to get kits online, and I may have a big stash to keep me busy until the next ice age, but if I lose the ability to get supplies... all my kits become worthless plastic. I want this hobby to survive. So at this point I don't care who markets how, if it works.

Edited by KOG7777

Jan was incredibly kind and offered his help to handle the purchase. Thank You thousand times Janko, I am most grateful .

Here is a short video that can clarify the decal colour and few more details. 

Hi Martin,

Thanks for posting that video - soooo really want to get one :)

An FYI for anyone wanting to do the RNZAF version, the interior colours will/would be

stock standard US colours applied by Curtiss. if you click on the link below, you will find an

excerpt from the P40N M&E manual held by the RNZAF Musuem

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Yff6LKWML1LVpfbHQ2SG5BSzg/view?usp=sharing

Though in those quantities you would need a few thousand kits :whistle:

Pilots seat harness will be stock US version, so can use the kit supplied version or AM if that suits you.

If using the figure, RNZAF flying kit in the Island forward areas will be basically same as USN/USMC

(RNZAF was attached to USN, so wore kit as supplied kit by US Quarter Master) This photo of TBF-1c

crew gives you an idea

FILE0141%20copy_zpsm8plkq0w.jpg

Looking at the kit supplied decals, colour still looks a tad light (but that could be my monitor) will have to wait

and get one to actually see.

Regards

Alan

Edited by LDSmodeller

Agree if someone is despairing for the hobby in 2017 man they should of tried modelling in the 80's and 90's. the gaps in 32nd releases was measured in years not weeks.

If someone doesn't like a Pinup style artwork marketing drive well I would highly recommend they avoid,B-17's, B-29's(!!!), B-25's, B-26's as they are adorned with more breasts than a Hugh Hefner run beach party.

I have an earlier N release but I love the Brutal Lulu markings. Hmmmmm. Might have to get another one.

The Kiwi modelers are suggesting the NZ markings are a tad too light in color, or? The reason I ask I have an M model with me and I thought I'd use the decals off this sheet for the P-40 M I have here in Singapore with me.

Any comments on the original Kiwi markings from the P-40 M kit? They seem really dark blue. One of the recent Classic wings down under magazine had a nice article on a real P-40N that was restored recently. The NZ roundels on the restored P-40N are lite blue in color. Which is it? Light or dark? I suppose I open a major can or worms on this one. Sorry gent's. The RNZAF operated the P-40 in combat and flew the heck out of them. Some really awesome markings on their birds.

Cheers

Again, a nice release from Eduard. I like such rebox kit's. Regarding price, that's personal, no need to break the kit down for that. For me personal, i all ready got a Hasegawa P-40K in my stash, so no need for another one. And i also don't like the color scheme's provided in the Eduard kit, but again that's personal taste.

Greetz

Danny