Sparmax MAX 4 Airbrush

LSP_Kevin

Most of us spend quite a bit on our models, I am finding though a good airbrush and air compressor will make you a better modeler. Also I have the impression technology is improving the equipment. I bought a badger anthem years ago and thought it a great improvement over my Aztec for those of you that still use or remember those. Then I purchased a Tamiya labeled duel action brush which I suspect was an earlier version of this. Now I have a higher end Iwata and H&S airbrush. I have found that the newer airbrushes are a revelelation in terms of refinement and precision. The Tamiya(Sparmax?) was an increadible tool that I used for many years it was precise, not too hard to clean and pretty foregiving as far as spraying a nice consistent line.

I would not hesitate to recommend buying a new airbrush every 5 years or something as I have found that with each new airbrush they have incorporated new designs that I think have improved paint flow and cleaning. My newest is an Iwata HP-C plus(I think) I have found it both easy to use and almost self cleaning as far as clean up goes. They redesigned the paint cavity and it really shows. This airbrush may have similar improvements over earlier models so look carefully as this can be our most important tool.

I would not hesitate to recommend buying a new airbrush every 5 years or something as I have found that with each new airbrush they have incorporated new designs that I think have improved paint flow and cleaning. My newest is an Iwata HP-C plus(I think) I have found it both easy to use and almost self cleaning as far as clean up goes. They redesigned the paint cavity and it really shows. This airbrush may have similar improvements over earlier models so look carefully as this can be our most important tool.

I also have HP-C+ and I love it! And I couldn't agree more with you!

I tested Sparmax SP-35C thoroughly just this Saturday. Compared it with DH2 and MAX 4. It appears, that even though MAX 4 has the biggest nozzle of them all, since it is the newest model - is the most pleasant one to work with.

Trigger is smoother, overall balance is better.

Probably due to technology.

Newer designs always require attention there is a reason for their existence.

Same here. I have the HP-C as my go to work horse, as well as an Iwata NEO TRN-1 top feed, for larger jobs, and finally I also have my H&S Infinity, for small tight mottling type stuff.

The HP-C is by far and away the most robust, and easiest to clean. The other two can be temperamental in their own ways, but are all good to have in the arsenal. 

Edited by Out2gtcha

Always a wise investment to spend on a quality airbrush.

I've got a H&S Evolution Silverline, Iwata HP-BH, Passche VJR#1 & a WEDA 186R.

Set up with needles between 0.2mm & 0.5mm, so I can get the level of detail I need.

For the last several years I've been air brushing with the Iwata Revolution HP-M1 & HP-M2 single action ABs as I wanted a single action gravity feed AB, rather then duel action as Just never felt comfortable with a duel action unit, nor did I ever see the need for one in model painting. While the M1 & M2 have served me well, their small palm size has always been a issue. 

The Sparmax M3 & M4 seems to be the perfect answer for me. 

Joel