Hasegawa 1/32 FW-190D9

Warbird

Hi all,

Just started a Dora. That is going to be a parallel build with my Swiss Revell Hunter (first time I do that!).
I'll add some aftermarket items and do some small reasonable enhancements.

As usual it starts with some boring stuff, like filling ejectior pin marks. For this task I used 0.13 mm plastic sheet and a puch and die set.

img_0112.jpg

Hasegawa gun barrels are a joke (right side of the picture) so I redid the whole thing with steel tubes. For the gun barell itself I used 2 different diameters to obtain a proper scale caliber (0.6mm). The Quickboost resin item (second from the right) lacks the larger tube that was inside the wheel wells and the scale caliber is too high.

img_0110.jpg

Some plastic card to detail the otherwise simple area near the seat. Seat that was thinned down to a more appropriate thickness and shape. As usual, harness straps were made out of lead sheet, buckles and PE rudder pedals are from HGW.

img_0111.jpg

And of course, riveting in progress (I know I said reasonable enhancements...)

img_0210.jpg

Edited by Warbird

Very detailed work, I like it a lot.

Just one often omitted mistake that is lingering around Hasegawa's kit like stink. The guns mounts were never covered by canvas sleeve , There were relatively massive and prominent part of the gear bay openings.

Here are some pics. to show the detail.

Cheers

Martin

Fw-190D-9_05.jpgfhc_fw190d_02.jpgfw190f8_17.jpg

Thanks all

Martin, I'm afraid your are right about the gun mounts canvas! I hesitated and trusted the Aero detail 02.

Well, let's scratch build that...

For the riveting I spent about 1,5 - 2 hours per half wing (including mistakes correction!).

Uncarina, for the scheme I haven't decided yet. I own both Japo books so I am spoilt for choice.

Cheers

Quickboost compressor air intake in place. This item is too small due to resin shrinkage and a fair amount of putty was used to obtain a smooth transition with the plastic part. The hole is not drilled through the piece as it should be so I had to use my Proxxon tool to complete the job (a bit disapointed with QB for that).

img_0214.jpg

My "collection" of gun covers. From left to right: QB "Mimetall", QB "early", Eagle part (3 pieces) and Hasegawa

img_0215.jpg

All parts will need some work to represent the hinges correctly.

Hasegawa piece fit perfectly.

img_0218.jpg

QB item is (guess what) too short in length but ok for the width.

img_0217.jpg

Tee Eagle parts is slightly too large and will need some trimming to make it fit. Casting is not so good around the rear part locking system.

img_0216.jpg

Hello

Unpacking Henri Daehne VS111 propeller set...

img_0219.jpg

The color instruction booklet is exemplary

img_0223.jpg

img_0224.jpg

Here is what you get. Resin quality is top notch

img_0220.jpg

One of the very tiny counterbalance weight was missing (I'm pretty sure the carpet monster is innocent) so I made a replica.

img_0222.jpg

and it fits like a (Swiss)clockwork.

img_0221.jpg

Cheers