Revell Hot Rod Series Mustang Street Machine-The Next Project

mustang1989

Ok folks. I've got my next automotive build lined up after I get through with "The Camaro Restoration Project". I've been wanting to do a 460 Big Block Ford powered Fox Body Mustang for a while now. Initially I wanted to do the 1990 Model LX but now that I've acquired an older Fox Bodied car that just looked too cool to pass up I think I'll go with this one. I've already got the wheels and tires to make all this happen so here's where we're at:

Kit%20Boxing_zpsmuqjjsp1.jpg

and I've got a Big Block Ford Resin kit (a 572 cid engine but I'll be labeling it as a "460" cid)

s-l1600.jpg

It's already got an automatic transmission behind it so that's a plus. I didn't like the carburetor that was on top of it so we'll go with an 800cfm double pumper carburetor for the fuel induction side of things (shown below)

004_zpstxmw6e0k.jpg

Mock ups: (large Goodyear lettering will be removed from the rear tires. Just looks too ridiculous the way it is and will be tucking the rear tires a tad bit more inward to keep from sticking out too far......don't wanna go too 80's on this you know.. wink.png )

002_zpshx3eip3e.jpg

001_zpsg6n2jlqn.jpg

003_zpsoadomeu7.jpg

and the decals as laid out on the computer screen. Will be going with "GT460" on the lower rocker striping like the old GT350's and 500's used to be. Just had to get those totally obnoxious decals for the rear window. I think I'll be going with the smaller one. lol 

Decal%20Sheet_zpsqihqk9j2.jpg