1/48 Tamiya Corsair F4U-1a

Maurice

Very nice dirt application.  I'm always afraid to add dirt to a plane.

Gaz

Thank you Gaz, in fact that is the advantage of adding layers of a very diluted mix of colors such as XF-57/59/60, clear sand colors that help to give such appearance. The diluted mix allow modulation and by building up progressively the desired tone is a low risk application. 

Thank you Gaz, in fact that is the advantage of adding layers of a very diluted mix of colors such as XF-57/59/60, clear sand colors that help to give such appearance. The diluted mix allow modulation and by building up progressively the desired tone is a low risk application. 

Maurice,

I use the same basic method of color and weathering modulation, as it's so much easier to apply in light layers, then try to remove or back track to a previous layer.

Joel

Man......................what a great lookin' Jolly Rogers bird. Paint and weathering is tops.

Thank you M89, for the kin words, and glad that you liked it. Cheers :piliot:  

Maurice,

The build is perfect. But your painting and weathering is in the class with Pascal and a few others that have mastered the art of making weathering for a dead on realist view. :wow:  :yahoo:

Joel 

Thank you so much Joel, this is much appreciated. Glad that you enjoy the painting & weathering process. I already started another project in LSP WIP. A Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire in quite unusual desertic markings. Cheers :piliot:  

Thank you so much Joel, this is much appreciated. Glad that you enjoy the painting & weathering process. I already started another project in LSP WIP. A Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire in quite unusual desertic markings. Cheers :piliot:  

Maurice,

I'll be checking in for sure. 

Joel

Hi Kurok, thank you for the positive comments and glad you like it. Regarding Chris just google "static capital". Also with Brett Green they have published a series of books with tamiya. He explains a bit the process, he does not go much in detail, the blog is more a source of photography, but if you ask any question regarding how he did a certain effect of weathering he is very kind to explain in detail. I have asked him plenty of questions. 

Cheers  :piliot:

Edited by Maurice