F-80C Shooting Star Czech Model kit, i must be nuts.

I have to say, when the pit dropped into place I was so relieved!! There is very little detail on the kit part and cutting off the front is a non issue as you can't see any front detail anyway. This is a long weekend with rain forecast so I should get some work done. Hopefully i'll get the pit done, stabs glued on, then get a primer coat on.

Don

Progress!! Primed and sprayed the main color last night, used Tamiya primer, then Tamiya AS-17 Gloss aluminum. Always reliable, smooth and covered great. Today i painted the tail tip, radome, and wells. The drop tanks had the front and rear tips painted blue, i used Polly Scale water based paint, Conrail blue to hopefully match the decals. Gear doors are all painted as well, seat is primed and has a coat of interior green. Tonight i hope to spray a glosscoat, will add decals sometime during the week. It'll be in the markings of the Wing Commander's aircraft, Lt. Col Levi Chase, Suwon, Korea, March 1952, it'll be colorful.

NImTKO.jpg

3mPv9j.jpg

Don

Stickers are done!! I used the kit decals on the build, seem to work fine. Will have to go over a couple but for the most part they worked well. The fit of the stripes were great, ends met fine, fit well over the wing roots, not much to complain about.

eCMiiF.jpg

lSXGRY.jpg

j9lkIK.jpg

Next will be recheck decals, more sol if needed, then seal and panel line wash.

Don