My annual leave build, Tamiya A6M5

karimb

and a taste of what she looks like... shes all butonned up in this photo but i will get it all nice with Mr Tamiya San in the proper ready for inspection post...i hope you like how she turned out...

Once i get the ready for inspection post up on monday i will place a link here for you guys to follow up

Thanks again

Karim

Photo%206-20-15%2017%2051%2049%20Large_z

That looks amazing.  For what it's worth, I was always under the understanding that it was forbidden to allow the Hinomaru to be chipped and worn on an operational aircraft even though the rest of the plane maybe all chipped.  I am not sure if that is really fact though.

Very nice work

Ron

Guest Peterpools

Karim

Looking fantastic and the pace of the build is incredible.

Super work on the figure ... another hidden talent comes o the forefront.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Very nice work sir, making me want to head to the loft and dig mine out :goodjob:

Regards.Andy

Andy thanks for the kind words

i would strongly suggest you do so

thanks for leaving a word

Very nice result, Karim!

Kev

Thanks Kev....gonna set up the ready for inspection post and link it here....i hope the photo are better than the iphone opnes i used for the work in progress

That looks amazing.  For what it's worth, I was always under the understanding that it was forbidden to allow the Hinomaru to be chipped and worn on an operational aircraft even though the rest of the plane maybe all chipped.  I am not sure if that is really fact though.

Very nice work

Ron

Ron thanks for the comment i took note of it and corrected the etching on the hinomarus and got them covered up in a way that looks like in field touchups... i looked around and pretty much all of the reference pictures i found look like the plane is pretty beat up except the hinomarus lol

This is why this forum is fantastic!! i love it

thanks for taking the time to leave a word

Karim

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Karim

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Peter buddy 

lol what talent? youre just being too kind to me my friend

thanks for all the kind words during the build, i hope you guys enjoyed it... well its off back to work tomorrow ill be operating the day after on a flight - back to business and back to the routine and red eye stuff lol

thanks for helping me have an enjoyable leave guys

Karim,

Thanks for publishing all that painting info, all I've got to do is find time to read it. Like about ten times to soak in all that information. Loved the photos of your airframe painting technique. Reading is one thing, seeing it is another. A master class!

When the others say you've got talent they aren't joking. This is superb work by any standard. And quick too!

Thanks again for sharing.

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

• 1 month later...

Karim,

Thanks for publishing all that painting info, all I've got to do is find time to read it. Like about ten times to soak in all that information. Loved the photos of your airframe painting technique. Reading is one thing, seeing it is another. A master class!

When the others say you've got talent they aren't joking. This is superb work by any standard. And quick too!

Thanks again for sharing.

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

Bruce thank you so much for the kind comments and thanks for taking the time to leave a word here...i am sorry it took me so long to answer back as i have been up to my neck busy with work...

thank you for all the kind words lol everyone make me look like i know what i am doing lol when some times i dont have the faintest clue  :P

As long as i have been able to inspire someone or help out through the painting and techniques, then i feel i am giving back to the community and this is what its all about

again thank you for being so kind, and i hope to have you be part of my next build, the CF104 with every bit of AM added, and above that, FOILED lol...

Karim

Nice looking ZEKE! I need to work on my seat belts on my A6M2 so they look more realistic, like yours do.

Tom

Thanks Tom... i used the kit ones and just gave them a wash and did some oil fading on those...theyre made out of some sort of vinyl or something similar...they have no real texture or surface detail but i thought they looked good and needed less work than the pe ones with the eduard set...