B-25J Betty's Dream(ing) of a French Kiss

BloorwestSiR

Bomb factory! In order to finish the bomb bay assembly, I started on the 500lb bombs.

DSC_0244-L.jpg

I didn't get much done due to a bad cold all week and the boys being home from shooting as it's March Break here in Canada. Hopefully I'll have more done soon.

Carl

That's some really explosive environment Carl :)

explosive-dog-badaboom-9617007.png

Great picture! Got to love translations sometimes.

Which reminds of the first time I went to Tokyo. Upon the end of my visit, I'm at the airport checking my luggage in. After the x-ray inspection, they ask me to open my suitcase to double check the contents. The security guard pulls out a aerosol can and says to me in English, "Bomb?". Which is not a word you want to hear at a security desk in an airport. I realize that he means the aerosol can or aerosol bomb as they call them and nod my head. He says OK, hands me a form that's written completely in Japanese and asks me to sign it. Them onto the plane I went with my suitcases...

So, back to the model. I removed and prepped all the PE bits to detail the bombs.

DSC_0258-L.jpg

Which is when I realized I have two too many bombs made up. Spares for the box I guess.

I then painted the nose and tail sections in yellow. It should only be the tail areas that get the stripes after checking reference photos.

DSC_0259-L.jpg

The stripes were masked and then I sprayed the olive drab. I used a lighter shade of try and weather them a bit. I'm not sure if it worked.

DSC_0260-L.jpg

And with the tape removed.

DSC_0261-L.jpg

I'll get these finished up and then onto finishing the bomb bay itself.

Carl

Guest Clunkmeister

With his tail down like that he really looks like he's holding something in. And to add to it, he looks like he's concentrating really hard at it too.

Nice work on the bombs, Carl. I detest building bombs... So glad I bought resin parafrags.

Thanks Ernie!

I'm not a huge fan of building and painting ordnance either. It's usually where I end up stalling out on a build so I'm glad to have it out of the way.

im5IhII.jpg1k03JEN.jpg

Great diagrams of how the bomb bay was configured Martin!

Here's what that looks like in my model:

DSC_0319-L.jpg

I've ordered the same radio sets that Herr Clunk did as I've noticed the top turret compartment is going to be a bit bare without the cheek gun ammo bins in there.

Carl