Yawn

ruzlkampf

Good to know I am not the only nutter who considers building a model plane that's way to large for my appartment... :blink:

Alright KOTR, Aaaargh! I gotta know what it is. :) :P Wow, Allok....A Sunderland would be a WAY cool project! I'd really like to see that one being built up. 4-engined flying boat would be ultimate, dude!

Ahhh well, back to my Lilliputian puddle-jumper. Thought somebody might be interested in how the wings attach to the fuselage. Clear top glass acts as a spar, and two airfoil stubs slide onto it and attach to the cockpit 'cage'. Nice engineering and strong, but a nightmare to paint with all this glass. This is a sweet little kit, and I'm enjoying the heck outta it. Heres a pic next to a 1/32nd scale pilot to show how small it really is. Put the wings on, and it becomes larger than the 'Pancake' i'm working on.

post-4413-1225023354.jpg

post-4413-1225023372.jpg

Good news/bad news. I found a home for these kits today, with a cute girl who owns/flies her own Cub! :) Bad news is, she wants it painted,.....okay, here it comes, Cub yellow like her AC. :blink: Aaach, bleck, yech, snort....how mundane. Good news is, I'm trading the model(s) for rides in her Cub. Hey, I'll shave my knuckles and walk erect for airplane rides, so it will probably happen. I'm not totally stupid? I'll do yellow, but that little brown bear cub decal AIN'T happening. :angry: (unless she throws in a home-cooked steak dinner...heh heh, I'm such a slut) I'm going to start on the glider today, and figure out how I'm going to tow it with this thing, so....more pics as things progress! Russ

post-4413-1225023961.jpg

post-4413-1225023976.jpg

Okay, I'm on 'plan B' for getting the glider airborne! :ph34r: If I can't do a natural metal paint-job with splotches of different colors of zinc primer and duct tape holding it together,....the cheap ba$tard$ in management at 'Ruzl's Glider Towing Service' have thought up this pragmatic idea at an emergency 'board meeting/think tank'. It's called, "The Worlds Smallest Airport". :huh: :P Whuddya think!!!! ;)

post-4413-1225070869.jpg

(Super)Cub will be painted like this though.(yawn)

post-4413-1225070967.jpg

More pics as things progress. Russ

Very nice Russ - just don't force land it in a rape seed field...you'll never find it again B)

This build is fun, but what makes it all the more interesting is your constant asides and tangents that you go off on, they make the thread so much more enjoyable ;)

Cheers

Derek

Yep, Derek....I've been told I'm a little 'tetched' in the head, er uhm...scatter-brained, uh sorta erratic, and sometimes eccentric. What was the question again? ;) Bwhahah!

Methinks I've discovered a way to "beat the bear".(noooo, not with a stick.....or OUTRUNNING it. hehe :lol: ) Because I'm 'teddy bear challenged' when it comes to putting them on my models :angry: , I'm going to make this a British(!) Piper Super Cub AND glider. I've yet to come across a pic of an English Cub with a smiling flipping teddy on it. Admittedly I haven't looked too hard, cuz I don't WANT to find one! Anyway, I'm too lazy (and uninspired) to make some decals of the darn things....and the kits come with a plethora of different markings,...British being on each. Whoohoo, Score!

Was going to post a pic of a Piper Cub aircraft carrier tonight. B) Don't believe me, eh? What ho, i hear the cries of dissent. Yep, it's true....3rd Armor Division had an LST converted into a 'mini carrier' that operated 10 Cubs for artillery spotting until they took enough land for them to operate. Also have pics of USS Wasp operating 3 Cubs for awhile during the Torch landings. DARN,...shoulda entered this Cub in the Carrier GB. (no teddies on them in WWII either-YES!)

Ahhh, but I digress once again. Cub is almost done, and the glider is sliding into home right behind it. Gotta wrap this sojourn into civilian planes up soon, cause I got an Me-109 to finish off and get back to the Pancake. Got only a few more days to go on this project. Here's where I'm at.

post-4413-1225199738.jpg

Painting is complete, all control runs and navigation lights are installed, and I'm ready for decals! B) I want to have this project, and the Me-109 done by this weekend, cuz I've got more to start. Gotta love this GB...year-end closet/stash clean-out time!!! Whoohoo.

post-4413-1225370994.jpg