1/24th Scale BF-109 G-6

ruzlkampf

Doh!, Ya mean there's aftermarket goodies to be had?! :P Won't be on this clod-hopper, but I will have to look into that for sure. hmmm.

Well, busted out the airbrush to get some RLM66 sprayed all over the interior bits, and managed to pick out some details with a brush. Meh, spent a lotta time trying to get decent pics, but threw up my hands in exasperation! Only have 2 I'm willing to share because of my ineptitude with the 'picture taking box'. phhhttt. Had my 1st experience with the Trumpeter 'film' instrument panel sandwich thingofamabob, and I guess it came out OK. The gunsight has 2 panes of clear that I couldn't find in any reference pics I have(should only have one?), so I busted one off. heh heh. :P

Here's my usual crap pics so ya'll can see where I'm at on the interior. Pilot and canopy will hide most of this, but I made the effort. Pilot will be finished tomorrow night, and the fuse zipped up.

post-4413-1222261752.jpg

As can be seen, the engine is in 'stripped' condition cause I'm not going to have any panels open. Just something to hang the prop off of. :P Here is the best close-up of the IP I could get to come out. whooooo. Colors are way off because of the exposure, but....what the heck!? Got in a hurry, and installed it onto the interior assembly cause I wanted to see if would be visible at all after the fuse was closed. Made it hard to photograph for sure. :angry:

post-4413-1222262372.jpg

I should have this sitting on it's gear and assembled, and ready to paint this weekend. Whoohoo! :rolleyes:

P.S. Because this is a LARGE Scale Planes site, I have dug out some pics of a flying 1/6th scale version of this AC I/m modelling now. I made it last year, and it has the same markings as this one will. I believe it had a 65inch wingspan. I'll post those with the next installment of progress pics. :P

IP looks good Russ. Re the gunsight, there are two glass panes on the Revi 16B, the fixed piece that you kept, and another behind that that can be rotated up and down. If you do a search for Revi 16B on the web, you'll find pics of what I mean.

Howdy All, Whelp, got my pilot painted and plopped into his seat and the fuselage zippered up. Whew!, didn't even get a glue finger-print on it(yet)...whooohoo! Took 3 hands and 4 of my toes to hold it all together for awhile, but mission accomplished. While I was sitting there contorted holding pressure points on 5 places, all I could visualize was I looked like a monkey trying to hump a football. :lol: But I again digress; let's move on.

Tried ONE more time to get a pic of the cockpit before seating the pilot, but I gave up getting a good shot. phhhttt. Here is my last damn attempt.

post-4413-1222342791.jpg

some 'clod hopper' russ. i just love 24th. scale--and that is a lovely looking build you 've got going. one day i'll get a camera--and perhaps(if i research with due vigilance) i'll be able to post pics. within ---about---2 years!!!!!!!!!!

cheers,

dave.

Got my radiators painted, and all the 'inside areas painted RLM76 0r 02. Also did this around the exhaust pipe areas. All I've gotta do now is stuff tissue in these areas for 'masking' when I airbrush around them later. Here's a pic of a wing test fit. I've already test fit all the panels and such, and this will be pretty much assembled tomorrow night. Kit goes together really good. I am hmmming and hawwwing about leaving out a kit 'spacer' under the cockpit that spreads the fuse to make the wing a tight fit. I think it might 'flatten' out the dihedral a little bit too much, so I may have to whittle on it or leave it off. Wing fits pretty good without it anyway.

post-4413-1222343526.jpg

Last pic of this model for the night. Another angle, with the pancake sitting forlornly in the background. As ya'll can see, the engine is pretty stripped as I'm going to build this model as a plaything, and all panels will be closed. Mainly just want to practice my deteriorating painting/weathering techniques on this guy.

post-4413-1222343825.jpg

As I mentioned earlier, here is a pic of a 1/6th scale flying model I built of this particular paint-scheme about a year or so ago. Had about a 65inch wingspan if I remember right ;) , and was powered by an OS 1.08 engine with an 18inch prop? Hmmm, all I remember for certain is I had a spinner CNC machined outta aluminum and it was 6inches at the base and the model weighed 12 pounds. Spinner is all I have left of this model, cause just like the real deal....I had a humongous ground loop after landing and it plowed into the side of my car parked Waaaaay off to the side! :P Ahhh, those were the days. :lol: Check it out.

post-4413-1222344401.jpg

More pics tomorrow night as things progress. Should look like a BF-109 next time ya'll see it. Whoohoo! Russ

Uhmmm, BIG dent. :lol: Got everything fandangled together tonight to see how it would look. Until I got all the panels attached to the front around the engine, it was pretty warped/twisted. Not much plastic to the front to keep everything aligned without these panels,...so everything just kind of goes 'boing'! Had to stuff some shims around the engine oil tank and the engine to get the spinner to line up juuuust right up front. Came out all right in the end. whew! B)

Here's another walk around with everything mocked up ready to go.

post-4413-1222430954.jpg

Kit has an option for the starboard side gun bulge on this side. A nerve wracking operation takes the original bulge off and replaces it with a new bump with a small bulge and scoop for an oil system de-aerator to keep bubbles from forming. Wasn't looking forward to this, but pulled it off with a minimum of filler. Tomorrow night I'll be knocking down what little filler I needed to smooth things up, and glueing the wings and such on. I plan on having it pretty well painted by the end of this weekend. Whoohoo! :rolleyes: More pics as things progress, Russ

post-4413-1222432119.jpg