LSP TIGERMEET GB

stusbke

left to do is add all of the switches and such and the two hoses that will conect with the pilot figure

anyway hoping to have some more verry soon

Ok now I'm wating for you to do that switches and knobs in the pit. My F-104 pit is far from looking like the real thing so I want to scratchbuild them. But as I don't know how to do the small knobs and such I wait till I see how you do it. <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've been working on the pit so far the left side is done only the side console the front part is stil WIP ;) :)

anyway two pics showing what I've up to so far

PICT0226.jpg

PICT0225.jpg

The switches are just copper wire drilled in to the panels and trimmed to appropiate size

the knobs are punched with some addeds styreen strips on top on some of them

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

Well work moves along here on my pit :lol: real life is getting in the way of my bench time here big time however I hope to get at least something painted by then ;)

anyway this is how far I got so far. the tamiya thunderbird kit came to the rescue here and she lend me a few pieces :rolleyes:

post-1504-1187206348.jpg

I need to do the IP next wich is different for this version so I need to make that from scratch I hope to get the basic shape done today .....

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

Hi Frederick,

I've been following you quietly.. both here and at the Modelbrouwers site. Funny thing is, I'm in the exact same position you are. I am also scratchbuilding viper pits for both a academy 1/32 viper and one for Tamiya's. One for an A-model (Academy also) and one for an MLU. I'm truly happy I we have an F-16 right here at work so I can check anytime for reference! You'll soon see the pictures at the ARC site.

But you are doing a great job! Keep it coming!

Succes,

Michiel

Hi Frederick,

I've been following you quietly.. both here and at the Modelbrouwers site. Funny thing is, I'm in the exact same position you are. I am also scratchbuilding viper pits for both a academy 1/32 viper and one for Tamiya's. One for an A-model (Academy also) and one for an MLU. I'm truly happy I we have an F-16 right here at work so I can check anytime for reference! You'll soon see the pictures at the ARC site.

But you are doing a great job! Keep it coming!

Succes,

Michiel

Cool as I also want to do a MLU bird later on I might to call you for some ref pics B)

anyway thanx for looking and I realy rrealy hope I can finisch this pit before the dead line like I said real life is eating up all of my spare time right now ... :(

Greetz STB

Frederick jacobs

Ps your builds wouldn't have nothing to do with teh Gb over there??

Cool as I also want to do a MLU bird later on I might to call you for some ref pics :lol:

anyway thanx for looking and I realy rrealy hope I can finisch this pit before the dead line like I said real life is eating up all of my spare time right now ... :(

Greetz STB

Frederick jacobs

Ps your builds wouldn't have nothing to do with teh Gb over there??

Well, that was the initial idea... but the GB doesn't start until october, and I have already done some work. But it is the same here. My daily job an other hobby (playing guitar in a band) keeps me occupied at the moment.

Feel free to contact me anytime you like.

Groeten,

Michiel

• 5 weeks later...

hello guys its time for yet another update still at the cockpit yeah I know aboout the deadline closing in fast but so is my new home so first things first I suppose :ph34r:

anyway I've been busy working on the IP well the darn thing is finisched

post-1504-1190115585.jpg

as you can see I've used quite a lot of the dials from the OOB cockpit as I am trying to get this done so I can finaly close up teh fuselage halves. Also teh academy parts have dials molden inside these puppies :lol:

looking at it from above it looks like this

post-1504-1190115524.jpg

I also used the acadamy parts here on top of the IP shroud as I found these way better then the tamiya ones (sorry about that but that's my opinion :lol: ) The rest is good old fashion styreen

• 2 weeks later...

Hey stus.

I have the 16 painted, I am now weathering the old girl, whats the hold up with the paint on yours??? You want to be careful or you will end up on the GB for stalled projects. :lol:

I am posting pictures later today on mine. I have a load of panels to weather at this stage.

Thanks

Ian

• 3 weeks later...

no but I think that the dead line is here waaaay sooner then I thought

anyway the intake is done

post-1504-1192999318.jpg

this piece is a sanding nightmare to get rid of the seams. Why they make this part in four pieces is beyond me. The center seam was the most difficult one I had to get rid of the ones running along the sides where more fogoving but the center one kept on showing through ;)

while the paint is drying I started to work on the gear legs

the nose gear leg is assembled just need to add all the wires though

post-1504-1192999602.jpg

untill the next update

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs