• Please log in to reply
740 replies to this topic

#736 chuck540z3

chuck540z3

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:55 AM

Thank you all for your kind comments, which help push me to get this build over the goal line in the best possible condition that I am capable of. I have a few new things I'm going to try to make this build extra special, so stay tuned if that actually happens!

Cheers,
Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3, 20 April 2017 - 03:13 PM.

Current Challenge:  1/32 Tamiya F-15C Aggressor

F-15C%20AGG%20Sig-1.jpg

#737 chuck540z3

chuck540z3

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:07 AM

Chuck,
  Another excellent update. Your attention to detail just gets more and more refined with each build.

Since my move to 1/32 scale, I'm faced having to replace rivets and panel lines that I usually just let slide in 1/48 scale. I'm going about this little by little. I will be ordering those notched straight edges. I found for repairing rivets a sharpened finishing nail works better for me then a sewing needle that just makes deeper, narrower holes. What I really should get is that awl set you have.  I also need to get a few sheets of Archer rivets. 

Joel

Hi Buddy,

Most sewing needles are admittedly too narrow and sharp, but if you go to a sewing store (my wife is a big time quilter), you can find almost any type of needle you want. I use a fat needle with a shallow taper, which creates the initial perforation and then I can control the width of the rivet detail based upon the depth of the needle penetration. I hope this makes sense.

Cheers,
Chuck
  • Shaka HI, MarioS and Joel_W like this

Current Challenge:  1/32 Tamiya F-15C Aggressor

F-15C%20AGG%20Sig-1.jpg

#738 Joel_W

Joel_W

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:33 PM

Hi Buddy,

Most sewing needles are admittedly too narrow and sharp, but if you go to a sewing store (my wife is a big time quilter), you can find almost any type of needle you want. I use a fat needle with a shallow taper, which creates the initial perforation and then I can control the width of the rivet detail based upon the depth of the needle penetration. I hope this makes sense.

Cheers,
Chuck

Chuck,

Great tip.  I'll have to see if the local art supply big box stores have them.  But I'm willing to bet that they do as they seem to carry everything craft related.

Joel

• chuck540z3 likes this

KVXsWV.jpg

Just Completed: Trumpeter 1/32 Scale F4F-3 Wildcat

On my Bench: Trumpeter 1/32 Scale A-4E Scooter

#739 LSP_Kevin

LSP_Kevin

• Administrator
  • 37,347 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:41 PM

I haven't chimed in for a while, but your work is as impressive as ever, Chuck. Model on!

Kev

• chuck540z3 likes this

#740 Squizzy

Squizzy

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:26 AM

I'm having trouble with imagining what you might consider 'extra special' Chuck. I would've thought every part of this build was extra special, I can't wait to see what you've got in store for this awesome build!

• chuck540z3 likes this

#741 A-10LOADER

A-10LOADER

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:03 PM

Beautiful modifications Chuck. I love your attention to the details, at least I know I'm not alone in this area. Carry on sir.

Steve

• chuck540z3 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users