HPH Tigercat ?

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Any update as to whether or not the HPH Tigercat will be released in April? Like Brian, I've been waiting years for a Tigercat and now that the Cat is almost here, I'm chomping at the bit.

Thanks

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

i DID put quite some weight in both nose and front wheel well sections of my vac Tigercat, and it was holding up, even with the supplied IM gearlegs, but i broke one main gearleg already just displaying the thing.....

So indeed, i hope when HPH releases their Tigercat they'll put some "metal hard ware" for gearlegs in the release.....

J.

Edited by Jack

Don't worry about adding weight to the nose as you can see by the one in the background:

http://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/a8fb750cc5d753d2_large

also the prop blades varied as well.

Jari

Indeed Jari, the nose up attitude of many parked Tigercats was typical when fuel cells were empty or near empty, but apparently before refueling they were assisted by "oil drums" placed underneath the tail section, and these could be removed after refueling, because of the "new" ballancing act.....

Don't worry about adding weight to the nose as you can see by the one in the background:

http://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/a8fb750cc5d753d2_large

also the prop blades varied as well.

Jari

Indeed Jari, the nose up attitude of many parked Tigercats was typical when fuel cells were empty or near empty, but apparently before refueling they were assisted by "oil drums" placed underneath the tail section, and these could be removed after refueling, because of the "new" ballancing act.....

Nose up will NOT be how my 1/32nd Tigercat will sit. No WAY.  I despise that look. Ill be modding what I have to, to remove that look or at the very least, reduce it. Something more like this:

163443.jpg

I understand the excitement, guys! Instead of 1/32 scale though, why not go 1/10 (approximate) scale, and be able to fly it if you wanted?

I've been very seriously considering picking one of these babies up since they came out in December!

30_1024x1024.jpg?v=1480792893

In all seriousness though, I'm rather excited for the HPH kit

You already have a 1/32 Tigercat!!   :coolio:  :coolio:  :coolio:

I know, but unlike your Bronco (which i found a blast to build) i'd like to see how this "new" tigercat will look like, as i've seen the Kitty hawk Broncos and it "actually" couldn't top yours......and that's no joke...

And no offence, the KH build into a swell kit, but then again..........

Edited by Jack

I understand the excitement, guys! Instead of 1/32 scale though, why not go 1/10 (approximate) scale, and be able to fly it if you wanted?

I've been very seriously considering picking one of these babies up since they came out in December!

It looks great ... specs tell me it it has battery operated motors, though?!? ... Much rather fuel driven combustion engines!!

Rog :)