Tamiya 1/32 F4U-1 Corsair Birdcage

Looks nice so far. I think that clear segment on the top of the canopy, aft of the last transverse frame should be painted; it's got an ejector pin mark on the inside, which i don't think is supposed to be visible. Don't mean that as a criticism, just trying to relay a previous mistake i made on my first Corsair build.

-d-

Looks nice so far. I think that clear segment on the top of the canopy, aft of the last transverse frame should be painted; it's got an ejector pin mark on the inside, which i don't think is supposed to be visible. Don't mean that as a criticism, just trying to relay a previous mistake i made on my first Corsair build.

-d-

You are correct, a lot of builds get that portion of the canopy wrong.

Beautiful build!

-d-

Thank you David! I really didn't realise that mistake until you pointed it out! I misinterpreted the painting guide thinking that it's just the clear section over the painted fuselage.  :doh:  I did notice the injector pin mark and was really wondering why Tamiya would mould that there.

I really don't see this as bad criticism. The main reason I joined online forums and facebook groups is exactly for this: to get feedback and advise on how to improve. In fact, I ask for that in every of my posts and I do hope to see this happening more often. On a facebook group a member pointed out I should redo the panel line wash over the serial numbers, something I initially also missed.

So, please don't worry about sharing your thoughts! I really appreciate it and I thank you for that!  :thumbsup:

I will be spending today correcting the canopy, redoing the panel wash and getting rid of that decal silvering. :hmmm:

You are correct, a lot of builds get that portion of the canopy wrong.

Beautiful build!

Thanks mate!

Totally misinterpreted Tamiya's painting guide there!  :shrug:

Will be working on the canopy today!