NATO's LanceR- Finale! 9/29/2020

chukw

• 1 month later...

Thanks, guys!  Life after a big move throws a lot of surprises at you, along with all of life's regular highs and lows.  Just in modeling I've gone through periods of not even looking at the bench, to hours of studying the subject and subsequent squalls of charging ahead and then banging my against the table.  It's been about 7 weeks since my last post, so here's a long one for you.  Forgive me if I reiterate some basics- my original mission remains to instruct and entertain, and help grow our beloved hobby.  Cheers!

MiG21_045.jpg

MiG21_046.jpg

MiG21_047.jpg

MiG21_049.jpg

MiG21_050.jpg

MiG21_051.jpg

MiG21_052.jpg

MiG21_053.jpg

MiG21_054.jpg

MiG21_055.jpg

Chuk,

Absolutely sensational! That meticulous attention to detail is matched by your talent as an educator! As always, thanks for sharing, and I love the view in your non-airplane pics.

Cheers, Tom

• 1 month later...

I always love what you post! Each of your builds could be made into a book--I'd buy them even if I don't build the kits due to your talent, ingenuity, and creativity!

Cheers, Tom

Very interesting step by step build, and a lot of good ideas. :)

I'm building the same in 1/32, from the Trumpeter Mig-21MF and the Icaero conversion as well. Very funny build. But i put it aside for a few weeks, too, as i also have a lot of other builds at the same time.

Just an information : you said the nail polish remover has a bad reaction with the platic (because of the acetone) when you clean your seams of Mr surfacer or Squardon putty. You can use some Tamiya lacquer thinner or Gunze Mr Color thinner instead. It's as efficient as the nail polish remover, but it's totally harmless for the plastic.

Edited by Zero77

Thanks, my friends!   It's a project outside my comfort zone, and I'm learning a lot from it.  I hope to get a little bench time in today, as the kit for my first magazine article build hasn't yet arrived.  I'm really excited about that, and the subject is an old favorite that I've been itching to build.  Stay tuned- and cheers!

Here's a bonus- I know it's been reviewed here before, but you may enjoy it. 

MIG_Review_009.jpg

MIG_Review_010.jpg

MIG_Review_011.jpg

MIG_Review_012.jpg

MIG_Review_013.jpg

MIG_Review_014.jpg

MIG_Review_015.jpg

MIG_Review_016.jpg

MIG_Review_017.jpg

Andreea_004.jpg