Mr. Mark Softer

G-Man

Just a heads up for those that don't know, as I didn't until now. Mr. Mark Softer will eat through Mr. Color paints. I was applying the decals on my 109 and had it tilted sideways. There was excess Softer that I didn't see, which rolled to the other side of the plane. Last night I noticed the paint was burned through, all the way to primer. The decals will not cover it, so I will have to touch it up with the airbrush very carefully. It's par for the course with this bird, as I've had to do several things two or three times.

Mr Mark Softer will eat through any paint if it puddles up! It's one of the "hotter" decal solutions out there and that's why it works really well on thick decals! The secret is to apply it sparingly and dab up any "pooling" before it damages any thing.

I really like using it, I'll just have to be extra vigilant next time. I don't like how the brush holds an excessive amount of fluid in it. I may start using a paint brush so I can better control how much fluid gets soaked up.

Guest Peterpools

Bob is 100% and Mr Softer will eat though any paint including lacquers if left to puddle or sit in one spot. I only use it when Set and Sol are ineffective and very carefully at that.

Peter

I find it works well, but a puddle will ruin a decal.  I've never had it react adversely to artist acrylic paints or Future.

Still takes a lot of time for it to affect those thick -a55 Hase and Tamiya decals.

Gaz

I'm using Mr. Mark Softer NEO and Setter NEO for all decals and didn't have any problems with paint

I use it on a clear coat of Mr. Color GX100 Super Clear, which I let to dry for at least 24 hours before use of decals

however I'm trying to remove all excess Softer / Setter asap

jan

For those of you who vouch for Mr. Mark Softer, how do you stop it beading up? That's all it ever does whenever I use it, and it doesn't seem to matter the provenance of the decals. I brush it on the decal, and it beads up. And then of course, if you leave it like that, it eats through the decal! Every. Time. I've been advised to apply it with a cotton bud instead of a brush, which helps a little, but the solution still has a tendency to bead after application, and this makes it completely unusable for me.

What's the secret?

Kev