Bedford 6 Pdr AT Gun

TaffyMan

Well if your curry is as spicy and hot as I LOVE them then this is just as HOT.

Keep it coming Taff. :please:

Hi Muru Yep I like um spicy as well but with all this rain in the UK, I think my chilli production is going to be very down this year. But on the positive we will soon be able to grow our own rice!

Taff :D

Well, how about some pva/wood glue dripped into the mugs. You might need a couple of goes to allow it to dry and adjust the amount of tea.

Then maybe some humbrol gloss brown to give it the colour?

Could tint it down with a drop of yellow/white to adjust the milkiness.

Saying that I've made tea for ex army mates and it all seemed to be strong enough to stand a spoon up in and in one case six sugars!!!!!

:speak_cool:

Hi Phil – Great minds and all that! I tried it with PVA glue coloured the colour of strong builders tea. It seemed to shrink back as it dried. So next coloured up some gloss varnish. This seemed to work better but still shrank and now looks a bit like gravy! But looking at how my brother in law (ex army) has his thick, dark and very sweat, 3x heaped spoons of sugar - Don’t know about standing a spoon? He’s not happy unless it starts to dissolve! - I will live with it.

Taff :D

Okay folks – Last update, I am calling this target done – time to move back in to a winged beastie!!!!

After using watered down PVA I sprinkled some fine sharp sand and railway ballast mix. Then more sand, more PVA and more ballast and a few more rocks. All this got coloured with some watery earth colours. After all this had dried it was case of drilling pining and sticking the chaps into place then fill their mugs with a brew.

Enough of what I did - to the conclusions:-

The kit is nice, reasonable detail and fit. It does need some tweaks and also the PE kit to give it the extra. Shame there is no PE available for the gun but it’s not that bad, with some help. But in all it all builds into a nice model.

The Mini Arts Troops are very nicely moulded and go together easily. They are very easy to work with the only thing is it would have been nice to have a choice of heads – a bit more cheery as well as the serious. I know there are heads and hands available from other companies, I am just saying it would have been nice to have the choice from the box.

Okay enough chitchat – my RFI pictures :yahoo: Quite a few taken sorry got carried away!

117-Bedford6pdrATGun.jpg

118-Bedford6pdrATGun.jpg

119-Bedford6pdrATGun.jpg

121-Bedford6pdrATGun.jpg

122-Bedford6pdrATGun.jpg

123-Bedford6pdrATGun.jpg

Okay guy some more picture - told you there are quite a few!!

124-Bedford6pdrATGun.jpg

125-Bedford6pdrATGun.jpg

126-Bedford6pdrATGun.jpg

127-Bedford6pdrATGun.jpg

128-Bedford6pdrATGun.jpg

129-Bedford6pdrATGun.jpg

130-Bedford6pdrATGun.jpg

There is quite a few firsts for me - First vehicle, other than slapped together as a kid. First use of PE. First Dio.

I am very pleased with the outcome something’s I would do different next time – but isn’t there always! So I hope you like it and big thanks to all those that have viewed, commented and give me some tips and pointers on the way

Till next time - That’s all Folks!

Happy Modeling - Taff :D

First diorama, eh? I don't believe you :fight:

Brilliant Taffy! I enjoyed following your build and the results are great. Very busy and convincing scene. Off to check on your GB entry ... ;)

ps. Inbound PM!

Edited by Tomek

Hi Guys - Huge Thanks for all the kind words. I am glad you all enjoyed it. It was great fun to build.

And Mike Just Do It you know you want to – nice kit with lots of scope to add and improve.

Happy Days - Taff :D