Bf 109G-2 9/JG 54, Russia

bsarnoffca

Hip Hip Horray!!! A very good choice Bill!! :rolleyes: ;)

I was going to start the same project, but now i should wait to see what you´ll do...

The engine looks great! Where the hell did you got the numbers on the crank case? I have the Aires engine set, but no decals included... :lol:

Cheers,

Chris the Messerschnutt ;) :P

Guest LSP_Jay L

Splendid work Bill! MDC have done a great job with the engine, but you have really brought it to life. Nice job!

Cheers mate,

Jay

Hi Chris.

This is the MDC kit. I think there are extra numbers. I can send them to you if you'd like. The big problem is that this kit does not come with engine bearers. I'm using ones from the Verlinden engine kit but they don't match up very well so I'll have to fiddle with them a bunch. Actually the engine bearers from the old Revell 1/32 Bf109 kit fit fine but they're really for a much later DB605 A/S.

:lol: :lol: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

As Jay well knows..my favourite engine. Awesome job Bill. :lol: :lol: I thought the same thing Chris :lol: ...I wonder if there is a font that would swazzle some of those up.

Great injection system as well...( Trumpeter take note...thats how the fuel got in!).

MDC do incredible stuff. Way to go Vincent et al B)

Looking forward to some more....

Matty

wonderful work. absolutely wonderful. its fooling the eye. where did you get a one meter bottle of testors modellmaster color? i know this trick... hehe have seen the making of lord of the rings... lol

if you drybrush it, be careful and dont overdo it. its looking really good as it is now. if you have done the drybrushing you should do a wash afterwards, to fade the drybrushed areas off a a bit.

the decals and those little screws on the top of the engine make it really look like the real thing. you did a great job. thanks for sharing this beauty.

cheers klaus

Thanks Brian, Klaus,

Yes, it still needs a little drybrushing and oil/fuel leakage to make it realistic. I've started on the MDC 109G-2 cockpit and....man! it is so detailed I can hardly find a spot to add some wire. A real beauty.

very interesting. i have used the aires set on my bf those days. the quality of this set is outstanding, too. would be nice if you could post some step by step pictures of the mdc cockpit. dont know this set and would be interested in compairing both, as i do have another bf 109 waiting on in my stash.

cheers klaus