1/32 revell vs trumpeter mig 29

The Dude

Luca, if you look at the three photos you posted, the engine "humps" are different. Have a look at the area you indicated with the green arrow - you see an "angled shape". But the two photos you posted above it DO NOT have that "angled shape". In fact, it looks like that area on the Trumpeter plastic is quite similar to the two photos you posted. Also, the way that the rear of the spine blends into the fuselage just ahead of the air brake is different in each of the three photos. 

Radu 

hi Radu, yes you're right. Can we therefore assume that A-model has nacelles/engines different than the following? (keep in mind that also C-model of the GWH has those "edges")

folks don't forget that Revell even hadn't any plans of the real thing at that time (still cold war). They build the kit only from photos...

1991 Russia was down... I think only Monogram 1/48 and Hasegawa 1/72 Fulcrums were fantasy-style (no plans)... but I'm not 100% sure Revell based their model on scale plans.

Edited by Luca

The 32nd scale Revell MiG-29 came out in 1990 and to my knowledge, they did have access to East German Fulcrums. They just screwed it up...

No they didn't have for the one seater.But for the twoseater. They started with the design of the oneseater in 1989 (the year the wall was broken down). They allowed to have access later...

The twoseat kit has indeed some improvements

Edited by Menelaos

Why don't you guys get together and do a tweaks list for the Revell kit? Not a rebuild, but just something a modeler can use to accurise the kit a bit. I have one, and think just a bang seat in the pit is good, but I'm up for a bit more. Is this even possible?

Forget it! This is possibly the most inaccurate large scale jet ever released even if there were some other serious candidates (such as the Revell Gripen). Karl who tried to correct it had to scratchbuild a large part of it!

When I purchased the Trumpeter M to use part of it to improve the Revell kit, I quickly realized it would be easier to do the opposite: convert the M with some rare modified parts of the Revell A to get an acceptable result...

Even if the new Trumpy kit is not perfect (I'm still waiting for the kit to build my own standpoint), it is light years far from the Revell old dog...