AIMS NEWS

Pastor John

Hi Everyone,

Just been prompted to give an update, as I contract out for parts I do not have the tools for I tend to be at the mercy always of other people time scales!

The replacement 388 L-1 is a suck in vac rather than a suck over vac. The dimensions of the former fit much better. Examples were sent to me which were too thin, more samples were sent to me just the same sadly and so I hope the message has been received and they are in the pipeline. I hate waiting for others - especially when clear instructions are ignored - had the message about the thickness been actioned we would have them by now.

As for the 388 J-1 again the delay is the canopy - I could have it available all ready with a vac form canopy but every body wants a clear resin canopy and so the master has been sent to Bob at MDC. He is a good man and a friend but his hands are full. i hope that before April he can get a suck in mould made, use 1mm vac material to make a suck in copy thick enough to turn into a master for casting in clear resin.

Me 262 A-1a/U3 decals should arrive at end of next week according to Ray at  Fantasy Printshop and these include the decals for the 388 J. so it is just the canopy that we are waiting for.

Best wishes and a Happy New Year to all my friends and customers

John

• 1 month later...

AIMS NEWS ....nearly March! Soon be Christmas folks! 

Ju 388 L

Having received replacement paper thin vacform canopies I had already rejected samples of twice I asked for the moulds. These arrived yesterday and I have sent them on to a contact that I have used before. I hope yet replacement suck into vacs can be made for the first 50 kits I sold. These kits have clear parts you can use but one side of the nose clear part needs pulled in which makes things difficult as the vac is strong. Suck into vacs of the part rather than suck over reduce over all dimension and make the fit much better as I had originally designed. Sales after the first 50 are not effected as the factory broke the front of the cockpit and in the process of fixing inadvertently made the original style suck over vacs fit much better. That being said I have asked for a number of suck into vacs of a thick enough material so as to cut out what could be the master for clear resin casting but please do not consider this a promise - I just continue to try.

Ju 88 rear bay interior

I know another company has done something similar but I have wanted for some time to get on with simple PE skins for at least the rear bomb bay / extra fuel tank bay on the 88 /188 / 388. I have no desire to make this to include bomb racks as per the Profimodeller set but rather as an addition to my own conversion which on the whole represent version that used this area for the additional fuel tank. Still the skins have to be right and the ribs spaced correctly etc. The right side fuselage in the rear section aft of the bomb bay will also need some detail as with rear bay doors open you can see into this area through the large gangway entrance. I have spent a long time designing this rear bulkhead with said entrance but lack good enough pictures to do the rest. I have contacted Guttorm but he is a busy man so if anyone else has excess to really clear photos of this area and want top help me I would appreciate it alot. I hope eventually to have a complete interior so I can design an open Ju 388 bomb bay. Here is a pic of the rear bulkhead

20160226_120408_zpsyes5qhca.jpg

Edited by Pastor John

• 3 weeks later...

AIMS NEWS ....nearly March! Soon be Christmas folks! 

Ju 388 L

Having received replacement paper thin vacform canopies I had already rejected samples of twice I asked for the moulds. These arrived yesterday and I have sent them on to a contact that I have used before. I hope yet replacement suck into vacs can be made for the first 50 kits I sold. These kits have clear parts you can use but one side of the nose clear part needs pulled in which makes things difficult as the vac is strong. Suck into vacs of the part rather than suck over reduce over all dimension and make the fit much better as I had originally designed. Sales after the first 50 are not effected as the factory broke the front of the cockpit and in the process of fixing inadvertently made the original style suck over vacs fit much better. That being said I have asked for a number of suck into vacs of a thick enough material so as to cut out what could be the master for clear resin casting but please do not consider this a promise - I just continue to try.

Thank you, John! :clap2:

Hi all,

Last weekend I was at my first ever Hungarian model show, just a little show - the big one is next month at Moson - pronounced 'Moshon.' Well it was a little disappointing - only sold 5 1/48 decal sheets but good field work - discovered - obviously that 1/32 is not popular in this country yet, not so much because of cash flow as people are spending money on expensive 1/48 kits but mostly due to space, with divorce on the increase here men need to be careful! My Mistel 2 plus two other Fw 190s built by the leader of my local club were the only 1/32 kits to be seen bar one Mig something or other it was Russian and didn't have propellers - don't ask me any more! Hope i do better next month being nearer Austria :oops:

20160312_100219_zpsgzgehpk4.jpg20160312_100006_zpswyedemyj.jpg

Guest Vulcan32

The Moson Show will be better, much more visitors. It´s my favourite model show.

Looking forward to meet you.

Heinz