A-4AR and/or A-4B/Q/C

dergrunepunkt

Hello

This is my first post and LSP and is on a SIGB  and I must be honest, most GB are related to topics too far from my interest, but this one it's different, I can build Argie Skyhawks. :yahoo:

I had this double project in mind for a while now but I never seem to find the motivation to start it. I hope that changes now and, why not the weather give me a hand too, we are in the middle of the summer with temperatures of 40áµ’C that's like a 1,000áµ’F :frantic: (that's the last emoticon I promess).

My idea is simple of this two kits to build at least one:

8x6-IMG_3756.jpg

A A-4AR:

2046472.jpg

and/or another Argie Skyhawk yet to be decided, the possibilities are A-4P/B/Q/C:

A-4P/B

A-4PFAAnvos.jpg

A-4Q

ar3a305.jpg

A-4C

DouglasA-4CSkyhawk_C-322_0151_2008-.jpg

end of part 1

Thanks a lot for the warm wellcome!

Here's part 2, but I couldn't post it right before the first because my post a subject to aproval from the admin :oops:

here it is:

I already built the A-4Q in two scales (1/48 and 1/72), so building it in 1/32 will complete the collection, it's quite tempting.

8x6-IMG_2805.jpg

The basic idea is to use the A-4M as a base for the A-4AR and the A-4E/F for the A-4B/C/Q.

The nose of the A-4E/F will be modified to make the A-4AR, I did some research and it showed that the A-4AR nose it's pretty close to the one coming form the E/F version, that would be the easy part of the project.

The complex part are the modifications to backdate the E/F to B/C/Q and involves two big tasks:

One big task is to scratchbuild the nose of the selected version (more details later).

The other big task is to make the "bigger" intakes of the A-4E/F, "smaller" like the ones of the B/C/Q.

Bigger Intake Type (A-4E and later):

fotos-de-la-fuerza-aerea-argentina-680x4

Smaller Intake Type (A-4 A/B/C/Q/P etc.)

A4D-port-intake-area.JPG

So far I done this:

Cut the nose of the E and started to do the mods for the AR version

8x6-IMG_3757.jpg

8x6-IMG_3755.jpg

The rest is how it came from china

8x6-IMG_3754.jpg

cheers!

Edited by dergrunepunkt

I been doing some research because I can't work with 35-ish degrees and I don't have A/C in my bunker which I present in society:

8x6-IMG_3432.jpg

8x6-IMG_3431.jpg

What I need to solve is the fabircation of the B-style nose and small mouth intakes, I seen here many incredibly talented modellers so I beleive some might have an answer to my problem.

I was thinking on starting with a block of balsa wood for the base shape, then make a resin copy and add the panel lines, and again a resin copy, what do you reckon guys?

This is a crude but effective representation of the differences:

A-4NoseDifferences.jpg

At home I have blueprints from many sources, none of which are 100% trustworthy of course but for a starting point I beleive they will help. I also have many 1/48 Hasegawa's skyhawk which are pretty accurate so in the worst case scenario I'll use that as model

Cheers