Here is What I am NOT Making :-)

Brent

I have been digging around for an oddball project in order to participate.

I ran across the Sukhoi Su-9 from 1946. I thought it was a Soviet Me-262. Nope! It is a different aircraft. Albeit obviously strongly influenced by the Me-262.

Now I'm digging about for Soviet eval Me-262's. :-)

300px-Su-9K2.jpg

42993d1299772304t-captured-aircraft-odd-

Hah! I don't have any books on this subject. I stumbled across it while looking for alternate markings for the Me-262.

It might be an easy conversion. If (big IF) I do it maybe I'll make resin copies. Just a resin fuselage mated to wings donated from a plastic kit. It might be as popular as the Kikka.

The Su-11 looks like they were influenced by the meteor. I'd like to know more of what went on at the design bureau with this aircraft.

ß!

Hi Brent,

You will find everything about it in the Book 'Me-262  Stormbird Rising' By Hugh Morgan.

The so-called 'blue' 262  that you were looking at before... was used as a pattern aircraft (for copying various parts of the airframe, for this Su-9 Model) ... of which one was produced.

You can see the similarities in the fuselage - though, it had new designed wings which were more straighter than swept as the originals,  Double front wheels , Jumo 004 engines and so on....There was also later versions with bigger engines.

Anyways.. hope this points you in new direction.

Cheers

Phil

Edited by Piprm