Kitty Hawk 1/32 F-5E/F Tiger II / Special Interest Group (SIG) !

SharkOwl

the kit just became avaliable on my Australian online store, so i thought i'd check out the thread.........

i skimmed the 47 pages, what a journey us modellers go on, first there are the excited whispers, then the nay sayers, and even the new buzz phrase..'fake news'

more rumours, box art more frenzy, test shots, gasps, technical guys and rivet counters jump on, colour schemes, wish lists

This thread has it all, and i loved the hour i spent reading, so thanks for all your contributions, i will be ordering one, and cant wait to build it ....now to choose a damn colour scheme............anyone got an opinion? :frantic:  :frantic:

Edited by Robthepom

Here is a pic of my pit I started years ago for the Hasegawa kit. I stopped when Avionix/BB and Verinden introduced theirs. The seat on the right is one I am working on for this kit. I widened it to be a better fit..(and closer to actual scale as well)

qYpCZH.jpg

Here it is in progress. I added the kits hose attachments points so you can use the hoses from the kit.

nLV6hq.jpg

Still very crude, I will be doing both headrest versions and add the belts as well. Be patient, I just received a large re-stock order, so I will be tinkering with it in between pouring resin. I have no plans on a full pit replacement set right now, I think some "big boys" will be on this one soon enough. I just want to do a better looking seat for the kit's shallow tub. 

Now if only you guys that are very smart with these things could just make a scribing template too... Would be an awesome resource for us F-5'ofiles.

Mind you I'm more in for an F-5A or B... But I may, just MAY have to get an E as well.

And with this superb research....

So, this is a question that probably shouldn't need to be asked, but here we are.

Are there any intake trunks, or at least a blanking plate in the kit?  It looks like the intakes just open straight into the fuselage, so you can look straight through the kit. KH seems to have an annoying habit of neglecting intakes in their kits, and just leaving a hole straight in.  Is the F-5 different?

Matt 

So, this is a question that probably shouldn't need to be asked, but here we are.

Are there any intake trunks, or at least a blanking plate in the kit?  It looks like the intakes just open straight into the fuselage, so you can look straight through the kit. KH seems to have an annoying habit of neglecting intakes in their kits, and just leaving a hole straight in.  Is the F-5 different?

Matt 

No, no intake ducting of any sort.

I've used Jim's masks before for a "cherry striped" F.100D Super Sabre and they worked well so I should think these masks will be just as good.

What I'd like to see, as it seems we aren't getting intake trunk detail in the kit, are some aftermarket intake and exhaust covers for the F5, particularly relating to the US Adversary squadrons' and yes I can be accused of being a 'lazy modellor'  but hey I'm retired and enjoying it!!

Steve S.

What I'd like to see, as it seems we aren't getting intake trunk detail in the kit, are some aftermarket intake and exhaust covers for the F5, particularly relating to the US Adversary squadrons' and yes I can be accused of being a 'lazy modellor'  but hey I'm retired and enjoying it!!

Steve S.

I'd much prefer to see intake ducting, but FOD covers would also be nice.