„BISMARCK“ – German’s battleship 1941 – 1/200 by Trumpeter,

elmarriachi

The painting of the hull... first a black primer to show the last gaps, scratches, etc.... then sanding once again a little bit...... 

dsc_6515_1024x678lauw9.jpg

dsc_6516_1024x678j9uyk.jpg

dsc_6518_1024x6789zufh.jpg

The first "real" color on the hull is DKM51 "Mittelgrau" (Lifecolor UA602) which is sprayed cloudy, not fully covering the black on the hull in several thin layers. Then some lightings follow with the DKM51 "Mittelgrau Variants" (Lifecolor UA604).

dsc_6526_1024x67886uso.jpg

dsc_6528_1024x678miu2m.jpg

dsc_6529_1024x678tau4q.jpg

dsc_6533_1024x678lmui4.jpg

Next steps are some shadows with darker grey, then following the darker parts on the bow & stern.

Cheers.

Micha

Hello.

let's move forward with the painting of the hull.

The hull was masked for painting of the dark areas at the bow and stern with Lifecolor UA605. 

Then with a dark grey the shadow area at the bow and stern was darkend a little bit.

oj35aypixgn6.jpg

temgowzut1mp.jpg

Once this was dried I have masked the upper part of the hull and painted the underside in "Schiffsbodenfarbe Nr.5", also Lifecolor.

Then.... masking the complete hull upper and lower part for painting the dark strip around the ship. I used Lifecolor Black/grey UA208 for that.

z6ur5jh53wx9.jpg

1krjyfjehf5.jpg

e28o2auty5ij.jpg

Next step will be masking and painting the waves at the bow/stern and the white/black stripes at the sides ...

... then some smaller repairings of the paint follow, before the weathering starts.

Cheers

Michael

*** UPDATE ***

Everything masked and the white stripes and the wrong waves at bow/stern airbrushed.

During the white painting the worst case happend... I did not mask everything... and then it happend. I had some white overspray on the red hull, the black stripe around the ship, and the grey.... not everywhere, but partially....

Means lot of correction work to be done later. .... wow :( 

Ok... Let's go on..... Then everything masked new again (and better this time) and the black stripes airbrushed (Tamiya Navy black).

During this step of painting I already repaired the red part of the hull... and the grey parts ... some little masking and covering, new spraying...... 

Now it is looking as following .....

tg5a6i4rf94.jpg

5huctnzuyat.jpg

mrnwy5aob6mw.jpg

rnirw3cuehnu.jpg

Next step .... masking the upper and lower part of the hull once again to correct the black waterline stripe partly..... 

And masking the black/white stripes and correcting the buttom lines of these stripes in the waterline which is not 100% accurate.

Then - when everything is 100% as it should be, then clear coat as base of the weathering.

CHEERS - Michael

Thanks a lot Kev.

Yesterday made some repairings and corrections.... now the main painting is finished... (puuh!) ... and lying besides for drying... then pictures follow :) And clear coat for decals :) 

Hello,....

... and here we go..... it is done, the painting of the hull is done, the smaller mistakes are repaired... finally, I am happy with it so far...... also the dry-transfers from Pontos are also added....

dsc_6608_1024x678y8sh4.jpg

dsc_6605_1024x6781isem.jpg

dsc_6610_1024x678kdsfa.jpg

dsc_6612_1024x678uls5v.jpg

dsc_6611_1024x678ffsp1.jpg

Next step will be clear coat (futur) on the hull as a base for the coiming weathering ..... 

Cheers
Micha

*** UPDATE ***

The next step was an airbrush layer with Pledge Future to save the painting before the weathering beginns....

dsc_6638_1024x67817umk.jpg

dsc_6640_1024x678ugur8.jpg

The weathering is made with a thinned oil-color washing in black, which was wished from bottom to top with a cloth.

The water noses on the portholes was made with a small dot of oil color, faded with the rest of the oil colors on the hull.

dsc_6661_1024x6780iubb.jpg

dsc_6664_1024x678abumk.jpg

dsc_6672_1024x678uuuge.jpg

dsc_6668_1024x678d3ubr.jpg

dsc_6669_1024x678jeuuu.jpg

dsc_6673_1024x678vvucy.jpg

Next step (when everything is dry, it is still wet on the pictures): Clear coat matt on everything ...

CHEERS

Micha

Edited by elmarriachi