Trumpeter's SBD-1 UPDATE: 2/18/18: THE GEAR: DONE

Guest Peterpools

Nice choice on the painting. There is a lot of back and forth going on now about whether the Dauntlesses were painted IG or left in metal, but I have to admit that I like the look of the metal.  Love your work as always buddy

Matt  :frantic:

Guest Peterpools

Thanks John

Trying to make steady progress and quite surprisingly, the kit has to be one of Trumpeters better releases - very little flash and the parts actually fit.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Much appreciated Shawn. The good old SBD sure has gotten the juices flowing and keeps me at the bench with a smile on my face. What a change since the last few attempted projects which were mojo killers.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Andre

Thank you for the very kind comments on the front office. All seems to be going well and I hope I'm not asking Murphy to come and visit

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Martin

So very much appreciated the kind comments on the SDB's front office. Moving along at a nice steady pace and fingers are crossed it stays that way

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Damian

Thank you do much. The front office seems to be my favorite part of any build followed by the paint work. I feel very honored that my Mossie help spark your model building mojo and guided you back t the bench. Timing just didn't work out last year but this year I'm planning on hopefully entering at least two models in the Noreastcon if time allows.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Andy

Guess I'll never  ]be accused of over weathering a build. I just like 'em relatively clean or slightly weathered and as we use to say: Looking mighty good.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Brother Bear

Thanks for checking in - always appreciated. Not sure myself but I'm going to take a bit of time this weekend and find out what they actually are

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Gar

M\So very much appreciated. Always look forward to painting, whether it's small detail parts or air brushing - just my favorite part of any build.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Hi Matt

Thanks for checking in and the very kind words on the progress to date. I was pretty confused myself as to the cockpit colors, exactly as you said, it's all over the place. I have a few books published in the mid sixties covering SBD's and there are a few photos (B&W) showing exactly the aircraft I'm modeling and the interior - which looks bare aluminum (aluminum lacquer paint). From the research I've done SBD-1 interiors were painted aluminum lacquer and when the SBD-2 started coming of the line the interiors also began to be painted Interior Green. I'm willing to bet there were some SBD-1 whose interiors were IG just to add to the confusion.

Peter