Quick build: FRROM 1:32 I.A.R. 80A

Iain

The recently released FRROM kit - started last week - needs to be finished in the next week for a mag article - so just a few images at this stage:

48b427_7c1a7b9b88444d9a916c479dc4faa8db~

48b427_6aff9219cdef42ecbedcc749d05e1e58~

48b427_d8d229d4cf8346fdbab25ab4ff6f6d25~

48b427_21070bb6cda0452e86257f2387be152c~

Everything drying off in the airing cupboard now - whilst I work on my two-seat Spit, and some 1:1 scale GPz900R parts  :)

Iain

Thanks all - as it's a mag project it will prolly just be a few more photos at the end of the build.

The kit has it's quirks (it is a short run tooling after all) - but it is a great build, and will keep the '81C I built a while back in good company  :)

Note I haven't de-seamed the engine cylinders - very lazy on my part - but seriously not seen once cowled!

Iain

First release was the FRROM boxing of the IAR-81C - later released under the Special Hobby label.

This latest release is a re-tool - shorter wings/fuselage and different armament - released under the FRROM brand.

Basically the same toolings, with applicable modifications.

I posted a look over the Special Hobby IAR-81C release here...

And here's one I prepared earlier  (initial FRROM release with RB Productions decals) :)

2319-2.jpg

Iain

Paint all done - but stood down for another month on article - so pressure off and time to breathe  :)

As an experiment I've solely used my cheap (£14) arbrush on this one - will post a piccie of results later...

Iain